Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizarro World draft at #19

Here in the Bizarro World, we suddenly find ourselves in this wonderful conundrum of having the following players fall to #19, and the Bears are now on the clock. Here are your choices:

Coples
    Floyd
    Reiff
    Kuechly

Pop quiz.......friends*. What are you gonna do. What are you gonna do.

*change of word there so that M5 wouldn't get on me. Let's just say it's my little homage to Speed.

Michael Floyd. Pleaseandthankyou.

Though a trade-down would be tempting...

Tough call, I think I'd go Floyd/Kuechly/Reiff/Coples

Coples
    Floyd
    Kuechly
    Trade Down
    Reiff

Kuechly
    Coples
    Hmmm...
    Can I talk to Tice to see hat he really thinks of Webb??
    Floyd
    Reiff

Kuechly
    Floyd
    Coples
    ... take Round 1 off.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Floyd. Definitely.
    The meaning of Life : 101010

"And in case of emergency, dial 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3"

4. Coples - I wonder what he thinks paying pro ball is. And there will be plenty of DEs available in later rounds who have better intangibles along with comparable (if not equivalent) talent; 90% of Chandler Jones might be more than 60% of Coples.

3. Reiff - I like him a lot, which is why his 2011 season was so disappointing to me. He's pretty significantly underrated in most mocks I'm seeing lately, but he plays like a big guy who's still growing psychologically into his body. Which is exactly who he is. The difference between Reiff and Bryan Bulaga is that Bulaga left Iowa with a coherent game, which let him develop apace as a pro. Reiff's still learning what he can do, and learning how to shore up his shortcomings. I'll say this, though: he's a LT who Meathead would absolutely love.

2. Floyd - Such a WR-heavy draft. Floyd would be terrific, but I can think of half a dozen WRs who have honest chances to outshine him as a pro.

1. Kuechly - Bobby Wagner might have something to say about Kuechly's best-in-class status, but Bobby Wagner ain't making it anywhere near our second-rounder. Take Kuechly, and we've met a need while preserving our shots at help at the other positions. Take another position, and we're down to a shot in the dark at LB.
    Last edited by karhu; 04-24-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

1. Floyd
    2. Reiff
    3. Kuechly
    4. Coples
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

I swear I'm all over the place with this draft. I agree WR is insanely deep of good playmaking WR's. I really want Wright but Floyd is hard to pass up on.

1. Floyd
    2. Kuechly
    3. Reiff
    4. Coples

I'd be happy with any of them, but.....

Floyd
    Coples
    Reiff
    Kuechly
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

I go back and forth as well and would be fine with any of them, but agree with Karhu's analysis, if not rankings.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

i have Kuechly rated a little higher than Floyd, so he'd be my pick.

i agree with Bigwill, though, that a trade down would be awfully tempting at that point.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    Bobby Wagner might have something to say about Kuechly's best-in-class status, but Bobby Wagner ain't making it anywhere near our second-rounder.
    Wagner? Wagner? seriously?

maybe you've never heard of Lavonte David? call me when Wagner develops even half of David's instincts.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast