Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Draft Contest!!!

Look - this is part of being a member in good standing - you must fill out Mingo's Draft Contest thread.

What are you waiting for? Christmas is only 4 days away!

I want to thank the contestants thus far - there are some very thoughtful drafts in the contest thread - very interesting stuff.

Q: Do we need to have the entire thing filled out prior to the 1st round? I'm assuming yes, but want to make sure.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

How many points do you get for the right name in the wrong round?
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

It's a Mingo contest - he'll make up the rules to favor him as the draft weekend progresses!

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    How many points do you get for the right name in the wrong round?
    This year Zero points for the right name in the wrong round.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Q: Do we need to have the entire thing filled out prior to the 1st round? I'm assuming yes, but want to make sure.
    Your official picks have to be in for the three day draft prior to the 1st pick being announced on the podium - no relooks as the days go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    This year Zero points for the right name in the wrong round.

Then why allow people to put more than one name ? What point does that serve ? It should be scaled !!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Broncogreg View Post
    Then why allow people to put more than one name ? What point does that serve ? It should be scaled !!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Because you do get to pick 3 players per round. If you add in name and round you get 21 chances (or 7 x better chance) to get a name right. What fun is that

Quote Originally Posted by CEH View Post
    Because you do get to pick 3 players per round. If you add in name and round you get 21 chances (or 7 x better chance) to get a name right. What fun is that
    Thats why I said the points should be scaled. If you hit it right on the nose, of course you should get like 5 points. But if it's your 2 nd choice then maybe 3 points and if it's your 3rd choice maybe 1 point.

Thats why I said the points should be scaled. If you hit it right on the nose, of course you should get like 5 points. But if it's your 2 nd choice then maybe 3 points and if it's your 3rd choice maybe 1 point.
    It is scaled you knucklehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    It is scaled you knucklehead.
    Name calling liberal ! So I forgot a little bit of follow up info. So shoot me. I meant even between rounds. Nitpicker ;)

Name calling liberal ! So I forgot a little bit of follow up info. So shoot me. I meant even between rounds. Nitpicker ;)
    If you are confused about which round a player may go - you have three picks - use the same name more than once.

I'm sorry I can't shoot you - I don't own a gun.

I totally agree with greg... this should be scaled, DAMMIT!

;)

Thanks Mingo for the answer. :)
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

If we don't cross rounds now that we have traded back, how do we ever get a winner ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast