Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Interesting chart...

Haters might not want to click it...

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral...best_clev.html

That was kind of surprising. The Eagles do seem to like boom or bust draft picks so I guess it wouldn't be shocking. The problem is that their misses don't even contribute at all. That's why there are so many holes on the roster.

So many holes? That's one way to twist it I guess. Lol......

No doubt ....2002 was a great draft.

Some of those "all-pros" didn't hold up very well over time though.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

Its a flawed chart, a player like Shawn Andrews was an All Pro one year but hardly gave us enough bang for what we spent to get him. He was hurt more than he played, when he did play he was money.

A better chart would be multi year All Pro's. I would bet that number takes the Eagles to middle of the packe

3 things:

#1, fair enough that most of the league sucks at drafting. I would still expect a coach like Andy to be better than average, which according to that chart, they seem to be except....

#2, most of our guys came from the same draft, 10 years ago?

#3 Us the 49ers and Ravens don't have squat to show for the drafting. the 49ers should just die.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    A better chart would be multi year All Pro's. I would bet that number takes the Eagles to middle of the packe
    Every team has their share of what-might-have-beens, with guys who looked good then got hurt (or worse). Without the Plain Dealer's list being make public, though, its hard to say whether the Eagles' luck with that has been worse than other teams - my guess would be not.
    I think the players they ID'ed were: Michael Lewis (1X), Westbrook (2X), Andrews (2X), T. Cole (2X), DJax (2X), McCoy (1X), Stew Bradley (1X), and Lito (2X). That leaves 3 unaccounted for - my guess is they're including Mikell (not drafted) or guys like Ike Reese, Corey Simon, Bobby Taylor, and Tra Thomas (all drafted pre 2002 but made the All-Pro list in '02 or later) in that mix.
    from http://www.pro-football-reference.co...i/all-pros.htm and http://drafthistory.com/teams/eagles.html

The only picks that had sustained success were Westbrook, T. Cole, DeSean and McCoy.

A lot of the issues with this teams drafting has been injuries. Especially lately. I think they are much better now, than they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tagryn View Post
    Every team has their share of what-might-have-beens, with guys who looked good then got hurt (or worse). Without the Plain Dealer's list being make public, though, its hard to say whether the Eagles' luck with that has been worse than other teams - my guess would be not.
    I think the players they ID'ed were: Michael Lewis (1X), Westbrook (2X), Andrews (2X), T. Cole (2X), DJax (2X), McCoy (1X), Stew Bradley (1X), and Lito (2X). That leaves 3 unaccounted for - my guess is they're including Mikell (not drafted) or guys like Ike Reese, Corey Simon, Bobby Taylor, and Tra Thomas (all drafted pre 2002 but made the All-Pro list in '02 or later) in that mix.
    from http://www.pro-football-reference.co...i/all-pros.htm and http://drafthistory.com/teams/eagles.html
    McNabb would be 1 if they're saying all pros in those years, but could be drafter earlier... So, basically, they've had 3 all pros drafted in 8 years... Woo Hoo...

The lovers will ignore the fact that only 3 of those all pros were drafted after 2003, 8 years ago...
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Pretty sure the chart used the same parameters for all teams.

But hey, we suck and were just lucky to finish high. All other teams are merit based. You guys are funny.

Andrews is an excellent example of drafting well, but then not getting good long term value. They correctly identified the talent, but I don't know if anyone could predict the turns his career took. I think perhaps that by not awarding longevity in the mix, this chart makes some of the differentiation between good drafting and the luck involved in a guy sustaining a 10+ year career.

Most of those teams in the top ten have won superbowls...we arent one of those teams. And stats which this shows best can be skewed, we got most of ours in one draft...many many years ago. Wonderful post Wiz. It really just demonstrates how bad Reid has gotten over time. Thanks

Getting Jackson and McCoy are about as good as it gets. And those picks are. It exactly ancient history.

I'm not surprised. Good enough for a winning record, not good enough for a SB win. The Eagles rock in the draft as depicted by a few photos of you yahoos having orgasms at my house. (Ewwwwwwwwwwww)
    I promise I won't do it again

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast