Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT - Cleveland - football

The past 2 years I took my son (28) to : Nashville for the Birds/Titans game.... GREAT TIME. Last year it was Birds at Buffalo...GREAT TIME.

With the schedules now out.... the Birds at Pittsburgh is intriguing as it's just a '6' hr drive... but I know (or do I?) the hotels will be $$$ and the tix start at about $200/ea.

So I'm contemplating seeing the Birds opener in Cleveland. I've never been there. The tix are about $100/ea for a pretty good view...though price is my main concern this year. It's about a 7 1/2 hr drive.... so that's not a big deal per se.

Talk to me folks.... Cleveland. Their stadium. Hotels. What to see (like the music in Nashville, and the Wings in Buff satisfied our 3 day weekend). Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? What is Clev famous for?

Gimmie whatcha got other than.... "go to the Pitt game". $$$ IS an issue :(
    I promise I won't do it again

Don't miss the famous Cleveland steamer.
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Cleveland is just like Buffalo, except without the wings.

I'm surprised you can get tickets for the opener. Normally here in Buffalo, some of the games, including the opener, are always sold out before tickets go on sale to the general public. Assuming you do decide to go, give yourself some extra time on Sunday morning. When I used to go to all the games here, traffic for the opener was always a zoo; if we didn't leave like an hour earlier than usual we would wind up getting stuck in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMan View Post
    Cleveland is just like Buffalo, except without the wings.

I'm surprised you can get tickets for the opener. Normally here in Buffalo, some of the games, including the opener, are always sold out before tickets go on sale to the general public. Assuming you do decide to go, give yourself some extra time on Sunday morning. When I used to go to all the games here, traffic for the opener was always a zoo; if we didn't leave like an hour earlier than usual we would wind up getting stuck in traffic.
    Tix are above face value. I figure some folks like to dump some tix to cover some expenses of the entire season. Eagles/Browns is not a rivalry for example.

What is Clev famous for?
    Dunno. Don't think you can light the river on fire anymore.

http://www.cleveland.com/science/ind...0_years_a.html
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

If you're going for a football game, how do you not visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton?

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    Tix are above face value. I figure some folks like to dump some tix to cover some expenses of the entire season. Eagles/Browns is not a rivalry for example.
    OK that makes sense. As soon as the schedule came out some people started putting up some of their tix for sale.

If you buy tickets through the NFL sponsored vendor, I think it's called TicketExchange, you shouldn't need to worry about somebody having to mail you physical tickets. Once you buy the tickets they'll give you a link where you can print out your own copy of the tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if that's more/less what you did last year when you came to Buffalo.

What is Clev famous for?
    The Cuyahoga River catching fire?
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

If you have time, Cedar Point, a fantastic amusement park, is about an hour further west in Sandusky.
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Need to make the trek to St Louis sometime. If you can withstand the Cardinals fans, you can score front row tickets at the 40 yard line for $75/ticket, and that was on stubhub...
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

The stench from Cleveland will stay with you for months...nay years......

Take some Raid with you Raid....spray your hotel room...you'll sleep better....

You could probably buy a house in Cleveland cheaper than your hotel bill.....

My name is Mongo. I like to dance.....

What is Clev famous for?
    Staph infections and misery.

And ugly whores, or so Mongo tells me.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

I've only been once, the hotel we stayed in was downtown in walking distance to the stadium and the RNR HOF. That area around there is nice as there are alot of restaurants and shops. But other than that and the RnR HOF, I don't know what to tell ya. Canton is only about an hour away so we made sure to take the time to go down there. Definitely worth going there as a fb fan if you've never been.
    "I am not superstitious. I'm a little stitious."

Quote Originally Posted by Pippi311 View Post
    I've only been once, the hotel we stayed in was downtown in walking distance to the stadium and the RNR HOF. That area around there is nice as there are alot of restaurants and shops. But other than that and the RnR HOF, I don't know what to tell ya. Canton is only about an hour away so we made sure to take the time to go down there. Definitely worth going there as a fb fan if you've never been.
    Finally - a response :)

You bring up a great point though. I haven't looked yet - but is the stadium within' walking distance of hotel (s).... and that close to 'downtown'.? And is the area quasi-safe?

Does anyone on KFFL live in Cleveland?

Is there a Browns forum?

Gimmie whatcha got other than.... "go to the Pitt game". $$$ IS an issue :(
    Have you considered camping at the Occupy Pittsburgh camp?

"I like my women the way I like my scotch, 20 years old and mix up in coke."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast