Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What QB do you like in the draft?

For years, Ron Wolf drafted a QB in nearly every draft. I think that makes sense. The QB is the most important position for franchise and is often the face of the team.

And it's always important to have a good back-up. I think that is part of the reason Farve was so consistent every year. Because there was always an heir apparent if he stumbled. Someone drafted high enough to have potential, but not high enough to be a real threat.

I would like to see the Bears bring in someone like a Matt Flynn. Is there anyone in this draft with that type of potential? It seems like these guys don't normally come from spread offenses. Rather, the seem to come from run heavy offenses that hide the fact that the QB is actually a beast.

Are there any QBs like that out there this year?

this year? none, really -- not that the Bears would have any chance to draft, anyway.

i'd look at a couple of UDFAs, though -- if NIU's Chandler Harnish doesn't get picked, i'd love to sign him. feel much the same about Kellen Moore from Boise St.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Jason Campbell.

Seriously, though, remember that Flynn was the second QB they drafted that year; they took Brian Brohm early (with a second-rounder, I want to say). I don't think we're in quite the same boat. With a second-year guy in the fold and an established vet as a backup, we're closer to where GB was in Favre's 29th year, with Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Brooks on the team. In the five years that followed, GB only drafted one QB, Craig Nall. Then what's-his-face in 2005.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

We have a good backup. And a #3 who might be the best #3 in the league. And he's not that old. So why would we care about QBs in this draft with the needs we have?
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    Jason Campbell.
    LOL!
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Wait.. What's the QB depth chart look like? Honestly. I can only name cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by calhoun View Post
    Wait.. What's the QB depth chart look like? Honestly. I can only name cutler.
    Cutler
    Campbell
    McCown
    Enderle
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

I completely missed the Campbell signing.

I wouldn't bother this year unless they feel strongly about someone in the 6th or 7th. I'm perfectly happy to roll with Cutler/Campbell/McCown for this season, then let Campbell or McCown walk next year and get a developmental guy.
    Superbowl.

We only have 8 draft choices. So help me God if Emery channels his inner Jerry Angelo and ends up using one on a QB or RB, there will be one very upset LSD on this board.

Ok, it may only last 5 minutes, but I'll still be upset!!!

the one from Wisconsin, Russell Wilson?
    Slightly better Jay, different day

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Shore Drive View Post
    We only have 8 draft choices. So help me God if Emery channels his inner Jerry Angelo and ends up using one on a QB or RB, there will be one very upset LSD on this board.

Ok, it may only last 5 minutes, but I'll still be upset!!!
    Dont be shocked to see a RB selected, I doubt forte is around in 2013.

RB wise if we took one Cyrus Gray is one guy I wouldn't mind as far as QB goes not sure really we have so many holes elsewhere it is hard to want to see a QB taken early Kellen Moore is an easy later prospect is easy to like as a later round prospect as is Russell Wilson.

Case Keenam is another who was successful and could turn into a decent NFL QB who knows really some guys just come out of nowhere.
    Next thing you know they will take my thoughts away

Just saw gruden QB camp.. Kellen Moore looks like the most savvy of the late round QBs. I use to think that if a kid had the physical tools, then he could learn the rest. I don't feel that way anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolhandluke View Post
    Dont be shocked to see a RB selected, I doubt forte is around in 2013.
    Only if they traded Forte before they picked, which is super duper unlikely. Otherwise, taking a RB with a high pick would give away their hand. And Emery doesn't strike me as being clueless.

Now if you're talking about using a 6th or 7th on one, I'd still be upset, but it wouldn't necessarily shock me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast