'Strength of Schedule" based on prior year records

The TV personalities and writers not only use this, they tout it with a religious fervor, as if they have never hear of the word "parity".

Do we have stats for, not just strength of schedule year to year, but PROJECTED SoS based on the prior year vs. what turns out to be the ACTUAL Sos?
    "I despise money" -NoSlowBuffalo-

I know that in the pre-season SoS for the Cowboys last year, the games against Detroit and San Francisco were projected as easy wins against pushover teams.

A few hours ago I was going to start collecting data to compare preseason SOS vs. actual SOS after the year's over for the last few seasons. I might still do it.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012...-on-last-year/

I was beaten to it, but oh well. I have enough on my plate. As expected, it's not that significant, but also not irrelevant either.

Basically those stats seem to indicate that if you get an easy schedule based on last years SoS your actual schedule will be a little harder than you expect, and if you get a very difficult schedule based on last years SoS your actual schedule will be a little easier than you expect.

It seems to support the notion that "it's working the way it's supposed to work" as bad teams get better (with high draft picks and easier schedules) and good teams get worse for the converse reassons.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem