Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    It's kind of depressing Barrett (presumably) is the best the WI Dems can get to run against this tool.
    Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son.

"Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    Why is there always an imaginary line that goes straight up, completely out of proportion with the rest of the graph?
    So I"m not the only one that saw that?
    “True terror is to wake up one morning to discover that your high school class is running the country.” - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by SWertsch View Post
    So I"m not the only one that saw that?

Last edited by RayClay; 04-17-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

It's been an enlightening week away from this place, and this thread only reinforces it.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by nywis View Post
    I think Delaware's median property tax must be in the toilet somewhere like this Wisconsin graph. It's no secret, DE public education flat out stinks, big time (granted, mismanagement of the pennies they collect plays a roll).
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Thank God Walker is here.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47105154

MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin lost 4,300 private sector jobs in March, the state Department of Workforce Development reported Thursday, bad news for Gov. Scott Walker as he nears a June 5 recall election.

Since Walker took office, the state has added just 5,900 private sector jobs — far from the 250,000 Walker promised to deliver by the end of his first term. At this pace, the state would have just 18,864 more jobs by 2015 than when Walker took office in January 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Thank God Walker is here.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47105154

MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin lost 4,300 private sector jobs in March, the state Department of Workforce Development reported Thursday, bad news for Gov. Scott Walker as he nears a June 5 recall election.

Since Walker took office, the state has added just 5,900 private sector jobs — far from the 250,000 Walker promised to deliver by the end of his first term. At this pace, the state would have just 18,864 more jobs by 2015 than when Walker took office in January 2011.
    Oh this is rich. Walker's responsible for the ****ty economy, but Obama is blameless, right?
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    Oh this is rich. Walker's responsible for the ****ty economy, but Obama is blameless, right?
    Well at least Obama can point to employment numbers that GOT BETTER once he got into office.

Well, Walker gave Wisconsin the title of the only state in the union to have 6 consecutive months of job losses while the rest of the country was growing. He implemented his specific policies that affected HIS state differently than others that were growing. So one could say that one set of policies negatively impacted the state of Wisconsin while the other set of policies positively affected the rest of the country.

Here is a summary of his early actions:

1) Eliminate funding (and jobs) related to rail
    2) Give the highest income earners in Wisconsin tax cuts that were the miracle cure for economic development
    3) Create an ideological war

I haven't seen much that he has done to actually create jobs with reasonable policies. Most of it has been entirely along extremist ideological lines.

This is pretty similar to what you'll see for results on the national level if the Republicans institute the very similar policies they want. Its right out of the extremist playbook.

From January

http://www.politiscoop.com/us-politi...-job-loss.html

MADISON – Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released a report compiling job numbers for every state in the Union. The report shows Wisconsin is the only state to have lost jobs for the past six straight months, while the nation as a whole has gained jobs for 22 straight months.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/wis...137686343.html

Wisconsin unexpectedly lost private-sector jobs in December for the sixth consecutive month, the same months in which the nation added private-sector jobs.

Given robust hiring last month at the national level, "I did not expect a sixth month of decline in Wisconsin," said John Heywood, a labor economist at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Screw everyone...I pay enough property taxes here in CA...for the amount I am paying..I should at least have a hottie french maid provided for by the state....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    Well at least Obama can point to employment numbers that GOT BETTER once he got into office.
    He has yet to make a net new job. He's still digging out of the hole, if you're trying to give him credit for either the down or up turns.

He has yet to make a net new job. He's still digging out of the hole, if you're trying to give him credit for either the down or up turns.
    It's still way better then jobs losses like this isn't it?

MADISON – Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released a report compiling job numbers for every state in the Union. The report shows Wisconsin is the only state to have lost jobs for the past six straight months, while the nation as a whole has gained jobs for 22 straight months.

WI unemployment rate = 6.9%
    US unemployment rate = 8.2%

(seasonally adjusted from Google)

Also, your quote is wrong, at least according to the Wisconsin government. January was +13,800 and February was +6100. http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...0000-new-jobs/ He most likely won't get 250k, but it's not the consecutive streak your quote incorrectly states.

We already know that the rate is relatively meaningless. The US is higher than 8%.......I wouldn't give Walker credit for people dropping out of the job search. The job numbers for Wisconsin are really the only thing that matters, same as in the US. When the jobs numbers come out on CNBC they react to the number created not really the change in the rate.

The US rate is higher largely because it incorporates the larger states that have been hit much more. Places like Nevada are much worse, Wisconsin was never going that high, so the rates really aren't comparable.

I realize you are trying to spin this in favor of your conservative hero but the reality is that he hasn't delivered.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast