We're all doomed - TSA Profiling

I saw this sign in Denver this weekend and was surprised: TSA to Allow Older Travelers to Keep Shoes On, Avoid Pat-Downs

It's only a matter of time until the terrorists blackmail a grandma to set off some shoe bombs.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

No one? Wasn't the uproar about racial profiling in security years ago defended by people stating that once the terrorists knew who could get through the racial profiling, they'd take advantage of it?
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

This is stupid, for all the reasons we talked about last time.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Those darn elderly, wheelchair bound and toddler terrorists! They make it impossible to be safe on the airlines!
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Those darn elderly, wheelchair bound and toddler terrorists! They make it impossible to be safe on the airlines!
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

I know some pretty cranky old people, but you're usually OK if you don't step on the lawn.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    That's an awesome disguise. I think it shows you also that no matter how thorough you are, you're still not completely safe from a highly intelligent and determined person bent on committing the crime. We live in a free society and that means every American accepts the risk that comes with freedom because the alternative is a police state. Which is not a good idea either.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

They still would have to go through the x-ray machines wouldn't they? In theory, the guy above could get snagged there.

Yeah that makes no sense. There is no risk to freedom here. Flying isn't a right. It's a privileged. You don't like it, take a bus.

And yes, determined and creative criminals can find ways around our methods, but giving them a clear road is a BAD idea.
    They could make masks like this, or threaten the family of an old woman. Force her to be a mule to smuggle something on the plane, and then take it while in flight and do whatever they were planning to do.

This is not a good idea.

A little bit of uncomfortableness at the airport is not worth letting another 3,000 people or more die in another terrorist strike. I'll let someone cup my balls if it saves a plane from getting hijacked.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    They still would have to go through the x-ray machines wouldn't they? In theory, the guy above could get snagged there.
    They're using both x-ray and metal detectors now, so it's a crapshoot on which machine you'll go through.

According to tlc, all the building in the US are rigged with explosives anyway.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey