Okay, here's my final(until I do a new one) complete 7-round mock draft

http://forums.kffl.com/threads/29565...und-Mock-Draft

This isn't the multiple GM mock I was in. I made all the selections in this one. I didn't do any trades. That would just make things complicated and result in me screwing up the draft order. Here's how things turned out for the Eagles:

1-15: Luke Kuechly 6-3 242 LB Boston College
    Comments: Goes against Eagles' past draft philosophy but clearly is best player on the board and hopefully Eagles realize that the wide-nine scheme requires a higher talent level at LB than past schemes.

2-46: Brandon Thompson 6-2 314 DT Clemson
    Comments: Versatile enough to play the NT role or the UT role in the wide-nine. Will probably initially get snaps behind Jenkins(if he's active on game day - the other 4 guys are pretty good) but could take over the NT spot next year depending on what happens with Patterson(aging, salary cap hit getting bigger) and Dixon/Landri(both on 1-year deals)

2-51: Brandon Boykin 5-10 182 CB/KR Georgia
    Comments: Ideal slot CB with added KR value.

3-88: Marvin McNutt 6-3 216 WR Iowa
    Comments: Red-zone weapon WR. Upgrade from Cooper at #4 WR.

4-114: Malik Jackson 6-5 284 DE/DT Tennessee
    Comments: Could slim down and focus mainly on DE(taking Tapp's job) or stay the same size or add a little weight and work behind Jenkins at UT.

5-153: Nate Potter 6-6 303 T/G Boise State
    Comments: Seems like a good fit for Mudd's scheme. Needs to add strength.

6-172: B.J. Coleman 6-3 234 QB Tenn-Chattanooga
    Comments: Developmental QB to challenge Edwards for #3.

6-194: Adam Gettis 6-2 293 G/C Iowa
    Comments: Again, ideal fit for Mudd scheme. Didn't like any of the RBs or Ss I had available.

6-200: Evan Rodriguez 6-2 243 H-B Temple
    Comments: Can challenge Havili at FB or be #3 guy if they keep 3 TEs. Reid always seems to go for at least one local player.

Not bad I guess...but Id hate picking Luke at 15 and Im not really that big a fan of Thompson either. Love M.Jackson and Boykins though.

If your board was exactly how it went draft day, Id go with WR S.Hill at 15 (try to move down to around 21-get an extra 3rd or so. Use that on RB I.Pead.), trade 46 for a #1 next year and then draft Spence at 88 instead of McNutt.

Much better WR prospect, very good WLB prospect and 2 #1s next season. Plus a stud RB in Pead.
    vs
    SLB who has never played the pos. and a DT that isnt great at anything and isnt very athletic.

I realize you didnt do any trades but in this draft, we should definitely be trying to trade up or down. Dont like the options at 15. Plus there really isnt a lot to be excited about at need positions in Round 2. So if we dont get Tannehill, Id rather trade one of them for a 1st next season.
    Last edited by swat; 04-16-2012 at 09:58 PM.

I'd be happy with that.

Spence doesn't have the size to play SLB in the pros, swat. In my opinion, the difference between Kuechly and Spence as a pro prospect is a lot more than the difference between Hill and McNutt. Hill has more upside obviously but McNutt has a higher floor and could easily be a better player.

Not bad??? This would be a phenomenal draft! Great job.

First three picks knock it out of the park. Everything else is gravy. We haven't hit with a 3rd round pick in a decade, but I can't argue with you taking a shot with McNutt. Personally I like the idea of BPA with our 3rd and 4th and think some good players will fall to us, but each of your picks will likely be there when we're on the clock and I can't fault solid choices or your rationale.
    While cynics whine about what the Eagles haven't done. Real Eagle fans focus on what we should do.

I think Stewart Bradley was a hit as a draft pick. Before his torn ACL, he was very good.

Good with me.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

I'd be happy with that draft

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    Spence doesn't have the size to play SLB in the pros, swat. In my opinion, the difference between Kuechly and Spence as a pro prospect is a lot more than the difference between Hill and McNutt. Hill has more upside obviously but McNutt has a higher floor and could easily be a better player.
    I wouldnt be playing Spence at SLB. Id have him at WLB. I think he will be just as good as Luke Skywalker. I think D.Davis is a dmn good prospect too. But he was already taken.

No competition between Hill and McNutt imo. One is a potential all-pro player, the other is a borderline #2 WR in the pros.

My opinion of course...just puttin it out there. I figured most here would love your draft. Its all good. Definitely get some big time kudos for the effort.
    Last edited by swat; 04-16-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Kuechly could play strongside very easily. The tape I watched on him he was in space and out to that side (strong side). His skillsets fit extremely well with SSLB. At MLB he's got the smarts, instincts, range and now the size. There is absolutely no reason why he couldn't play out there. If you want to be technical, he hasn't played a true SSLB position but that would be nit picking. #15 should be an impact player regardless of position so that's all I'm looking for next Thursday.

If we're not trading Asante than I'd pass on the Brandon Boykins pick and take Devon Still or Kendall Reyes. Kuechly, Brandon Thompson and Devon still would be absolutely sick.

1. Kuechly
    2. Brandon Thompson
    2. Devon Still
    Then rounds 3-6 I would do:
    3. Cam Johnson DE
    4: Cyrus Gray RB
    5: Nate Potter OT
    6: Dale Moss WR
    6: T.J Graham WR/KR/PR
    6: Chris Greenwood CB