Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How do they make them on site?

Obviously the vinyl is rolled out length-wise in some sort of a spool..and some kind of machine rolls them up into a half tube?
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

My name is Mongo. I like to dance.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Honestly, if I had 2 other guys...and 3 ladders...it would be easy I think...
    Where your seams are will be the weak spots. A 60' gutter, while not heavy, will be really flimsy. Watch for breakage at the seams.

Honestly, if I had 2 other guys...and 3 ladders...it would be easy I think...
    You missed a step. You also have to have a specific, continuous drop
    1/4 to 1/2 inch per 10'. More and you flood the downspout, and cause foundation undermining.

Less and it doesn't drain, you collect water (insect breeding) and overload the gutter, which damages or can see it shear off.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo Freebase View Post
    Yes, thanks for asking. now crawl back into your hole.....
    Gus doesn't live in a hole, he lives in Texas...on second thought...

Where your seams are will be the weak spots. A 60' gutter, while not heavy, will be really flimsy. Watch for breakage at the seams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    You missed a step. You also have to have a specific, continuous drop
    1/4 to 1/2 inch per 10'. More and you flood the downspout, and cause foundation undermining.

Less and it doesn't drain, you collect water (insect breeding) and overload the gutter, which damages or can see it shear off.

Yeah, I expected it to be filmsy and of course I would angle it properly same as I did for my lanscaping away from the house.

Sounds easy enough, but I am not too hot about being up on a ladder more than ten feet...not afraid of heights...but if a friend fell...the job could end up costing a lot more...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

BtWm thanks for the photo mongo....see? I can appreciate your input! Sheesh..

BtWm thanks for the photo mongo....see? I can appreciate your input! Sheesh..
    Your wife appreciated my 'input' last night....

and I wouldn't be able to clean them out either unless I had one of those hoses with extensions....
    All the gimmicks and other crap do not replace your HANDS. Nothing works as well as your hands with wet, compacted leaves.

If you have a basement, you absolutely need gutters or else you need to keep everything elevated off the basement floor (which wouldn't be a bad idea regardless). Also, if you ever have to enter or leave your house when it is raining, you more than likely want gutters. You cannot imagine the overflow without gutters. Oh, and come winter, you will have a ice rink around your house.

For a heads up, do not get and do not get suckered into buying the gutter guards. Not only do they not work, they make it that much harder to clean the gutters.

Gutter spikes give mad support to the gutters & seams. Also, silicone (which should be used anyway), would give some support and seal any leaks in the seams. Supposedly, the 3M Marine Sealant is the bomb in terms of strength.

Yes, thanks for asking. now crawl back into your hole.....
    as soon as I get out of your wife's.

Make sure your patio is properly sloped away from your foundation.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Some of those gutter guard things don't work for ****. Some are worth every penny, especially on a second story 20+ feet off the ground. I worked at a place that made aluminum and steel siding, and all of the products that really go with it. Including some gutter guardian stuff, and even one kind of gutter guardian stuff that they had patents on and fought to protect.

They also owned a couple vans with machines on them that could take a roll of aluminum sheet metal and form custom made gutters to fit exactly to your house.

Can you purchase only about 15 feet of gutters with gutter guards? That's all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    as soon as I get out of your wife's.
    Dude...nice! Didn't think you got into the 'your wife' schtick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast