Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2012 NFL strength of schedule

Wish that were true....if so the Pats would take advantage...but we all know that you can throw the SOS outta the window after week 4...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Well the Patriots just got through a season where they had an easy schedule and went only 0-2 against quality opponents.

The upcoming official schedule will have more meaning that a SOS based on last-year's performance.

I don't need to see anything from tomorrow to know the Giants have a tougher road back to the SB than NE. Patriots somehow get Denver, Houston and SF all at home, and the only tough road game is Baltimore. Giants will have to go to Atlanta, SF, Baltimore, and will host Pittsburgh, GB, and the Saints. Not to mention their division is tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post
    I don't need to see anything from tomorrow to know the Giants have a tougher road back to the SB than NE. Patriots somehow get Denver, Houston and SF all at home, and the only tough road game is Baltimore. Giants will have to go to Atlanta, SF, Baltimore, and will host Pittsburgh, GB, and the Saints. Not to mention their division is tougher.
    I am not sure how home/away games are determined because one would think that they are rotated, but it is not so. The Pats will play in Seattle this year when they played there in 2008 with Cassel. I remember thinking, "Brady will never start a game in Seattle". Now it appears that Brady will never play in San Francisco.

I wonder how they determine these things for the 12 non-divisional games a year....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Indy may be the only team Cleveland beats next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    I wonder how they determine these things for the 12 non-divisional games a year....
    When in doubt, make the west coast team bend over.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    When in doubt, make the west coast team bend over.
    Amen to that.

Was my understanding that the NFL wanted to rotate all the nfc/afc matchups to every stadium every 8 years. Sucks for the Cardinals as they haven't played the Pats at home since September of 04.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post
    Yeah, I've no doubt that differences are apparent between the team at the top of the list and the one at the bottom. I was talking about pre-season SOS in general though. I don't think it carries much meaning when looking at who teams in the same division (ie. Giants, Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins) will play. The schedule, that will show what teams play on Sunday afternoon then again on Thursday night or which ones will play a road game on the West coast and then have to travel to the East coast for another road game or which ones have a significant stretch on the road or which ones play in December in stadiums prone to inclement weather, carries more weight. There's enough parity in the league that scheduling can present greater challenges than who the particular opponent is.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ERS4EVA View Post
    Amen to that.

Was my understanding that the NFL wanted to rotate all the nfc/afc matchups to every stadium every 8 years. Sucks for the Cardinals as they haven't played the Pats at home since September of 04.
    That was my understanding as well until I found we were going to Seattle and S.F. was coming to Foxboro this year....

That was my understanding as well until I found we were going to Seattle and S.F. was coming to Foxboro this year....
    Gonna have to find me some tickets
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

I am not sure how home/away games are determined because one would think that they are rotated, but it is not so. The Pats will play in Seattle this year when they played there in 2008 with Cassel. I remember thinking, "Brady will never start a game in Seattle". Now it appears that Brady will never play in San Francisco.

There was a low-key change made not that long ago where some of these games against the West Coast teams don't rotate every 4 years like they were expected to when they went to 8 divisions. That's why you have back-to-back trips to Seattle for NE there.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Yeah, I've no doubt that differences are apparent between the team at the top of the list and the one at the bottom. I was talking about pre-season SOS in general though. I don't think it carries much meaning when looking at who teams in the same division (ie. Giants, Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins) will play. The schedule, that will show what teams play on Sunday afternoon then again on Thursday night or which ones will play a road game on the West coast and then have to travel to the East coast for another road game or which ones have a significant stretch on the road or which ones play in December in stadiums prone to inclement weather, carries more weight. There's enough parity in the league that scheduling can present greater challenges than who the particular opponent is.
    If you watch the 3-hour show (that'd be difficult honestly) Tuesday evening, there's supposed to be a segment looking at such things that I did the research for.

These strength of schedule rankings always change once the regular season starts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast