Bears 7 Rounder I did on a KFFL fantasy league site

A few weeks ago someone came on the forum and I happened to be watching and volunteered. seemed like a good group of guys (DCFFL) and certainly had a bunch of draftnicks (most of the picks made sense given team needs, and the draft went bye quickly... it started a day before ours, and is just ending now).

Below is who I picked, as well as as link to the draft itself if you'd like to critique. A few thoughts:

- I was hesitant to take Floyd in the first given I don't count WR quite as high as others on the priority list. But he was clearly BPA, and I was hoping that a DE would come around to us at 50 given only Ingram and Coples had gone in the first 18, The only other guy I seriously considered was Poe. But I'd be really surprised if this staff would take him.

- As it turns out, all of the top DEs (including the OLB hybrids) were gone by 50. Crick can play LDE or DT in this defense, and is a high floor guy we need given we need help at both DE and DT IMO. It had me shaking my head at that point, because my top priority is another potential 10+ sack guy, and Crick isn't that. But he's a very good player and a good 2nd round value.

- I loved the rest of the draft. I think all the rest of the guys are 1 or more round better values than they will actually go.

http://forums.kffl.com/threads/29563...lection-Thread

Chicago Bears

1-19: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
    2-50: Jared Crick, DL, Nebraska
    3-79: Mychal Kendricks, LB, California
    4-111: Brandon Taylor, S, LSU
    5-150: Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma
    6-184: Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincinnati
    7-220: Coty Sensabaugh, CB, Clemson

Adrien Robinson at that point seems like a wasted pick. We have a bunch of developmental TE's already on the roster. I don't know who else was out there, but throwing a dart at an O lineman or some DL depth seems like a better idea...just my $0.02.

but thats just nitpicking
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    Adrien Robinson at that point seems like a wasted pick. We have a bunch of developmental TE's already on the roster. I don't know who else was out there, but throwing a dart at an O lineman or some DL depth seems like a better idea...just my $0.02.

but thats just nitpicking
    Thanks Janos.

I just didn't like either the OL or the DL depth at that point. I'm no GM, but I didn't have anyone there that I thought would have a chance to make this roster or maybe even the practice squad. I like Levi Horn, Ricky Henry, Mansfield Wrotto, and Reggie Stephens betetr than any OL who was left, for example.

Similarly, I didn't like any of the remaining DEs much. But I would have gone after Frank Alexander or Jack Crawford (who both went undrafted as I suspected they would) in this scenario.

At TE, we have Davis, Spaeth as a blocker who can hold the edge, and then a bunch of developmental guys... but guys with less upside than Robinson IMO. He just seemed like a good investment in the 6th. He's 6'4" 264 ran a 4.54 forty, showed off a 40 inch vert, and showed good quickness in the other drills.

If floyd is there, we have to take him. BPA at a need position by far!
    Then, Emery has to trade up in the 2nd to get a pass rusher be it curry, branch whoever.

I considered doing just that. The problem is, this is a very good draft at a lot of positions. I probably woul have traded up had I found a willing partner at the time. But in retrospect, I'd take Crick and Kendricks in a heartbeat over someone like Jones or Curry alone. One thing I am feeling for sure: This draft is really good overall, but only real deep in a few places (WR, CB, RB is pretty good, QB is pretty good). There are lots of D-linemen with 1st and 2n round grades, but IMO the talent drops off precipitiously after that, especially for guys who fit our scheme.