Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bears forum mock | Post yer Rosters

Philadelphia Eagles

1.15 - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
    Wanted Fletcher Cox, but Brockers just gives Philly a different dimension than Cox would've...and he sure will protect Ryans. Looks even better with Derek Landri back on the team.
    2.46 - Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah St.
    A bit shorter than you'd like as an SLB, but he's got seriously long arms, is solid in coverage, tackles, fights nicely through trash, and is ridiculously athletic for someone so jacked. Not at all bad.
    2.51 - Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
    From where I'm sitting, the Eagles really need a guy like Sanu to glue together the receiving corps. He'll be a threat on intermediate routes, which will help Maclin/Jackson and the TEs all do their thing. Great hands, terrific blocker, excellent YAC stuff...and he's exactly the kind of dependable WR who'll make Philly's post-Vick QB happy.
    3.88 - Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida St.
    Couldn't not take him here, what with the problems Philly's faced at OT. Give Howard Mudd a year or two with this guy (Eagle Scout, second chair viola in high school, und so wieder), and I'm guessing he starts to look like the second- or third-best LT in this class.
    4.114 - DeQuan Menzie, DB, Alabama
    Philly needs a slot corner, and Menzie could be an absolute killer in that role. Wanted Brandon Boykin in the third, largely because Philly's fan base seems sold on him (me, not so much). Wanted Chase Minnifield badly in the fourth, but what the heck, he went to Chicago.
    5.153 - Michael Smith, RB, Utah St.
    7+ ypc, 4.33 speed, built like a tiny little truck...what's not to like? Rather than adding a big thumper to complement Philly's waterbug RBs (I kinda like Dion Lewis, but he's cut from exactly the same cloth as McCoy), I went with a perimeter-threatening speed demon with excellent raw power, vision, and balance.
    6.172 - Jordan Bernstine, S/KR, Iowa
    He's a big-school sleeper with an excuse: a string of injuries, none of them recurring, kept Bernstine from developing much of a career vector at Iowa. But once he got healthy and seized a starting role, damn, he was good; not many big-hitting strong safeties are also good return men, but Bernstine's just that athletic. Could challenge early for the starting SS role, and he'll be a ST demon in the meantime.
    6.194 - Derrius Brooks, CB, Western Kentucky
    Didn't intend to double up on CBs. But Brooks is insanely fast, terrifically quick and athletic, and though he's a shade short, he's got monkey arms (so do I; it's not a slur). With DRC unsigned for next year, and Scrabble getting older, I went with the most intriguing athlete on the board, even at the risk of cramming the roster a bit. As far as that goes, Brooks does look more pertinent if Menzie's more of a FS with the Eagles, and he's every bit the slot-CB type that Menzie is. Also, between Smith, Bernstine, and Brooks, the Eagles can now unleash hell in the return game.
    6.200 - Louis Nzegwu, DE, Wisconsin
    Could've gone with a QB, but outside of the top two, no rookie's going to give the Eagles an actual backup to Michael Vick this year. And an undrafted rookie doesn't look much less promising to me than a late-sixth-rounder. Brooks and now Nzegwu, though, do look like serious investments in the future: one's a converted WR who played at a small school, the other is back from a knee injury and led the defense that held JJ Watt to 7 sacks or so his senior year. Those are the mitigating circumstances; on his own merits, Nzegwu's an explosive DE who can contribute a bit right away, and who the Eagles can develop over time.
    Last edited by karhu; 04-23-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

After you talk about the hole in her nipple, where do you go with it? You’ve got nothing.

Cincinnati Bengals

1.17 - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
    Had to grab a top-notch CB, and I think Gilmore will be a value here when all's said and done.
    1.21 - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
    This was really tough: my antennae weren't tuned at first to waterbug WRs, since that's the last thing the Bears need, IMSO. But for me, that sort of mental stretching is what this mock is all about. In any case, Wright gets knocked a bit because he's not necessarily #1 material. In Cincy, it doesn't matter: he's got every chance to become a deadly #2 next to AJ Green, and the Bengals ought to feed the Dalton/Green beast.
    2.53 - Amini Silatolu, RG, Midwestern St.
    Cincy's desperate for a RG, and here he is: a guy who looks and plays the part of a tough interior lineman, but who's been working at LT for a while. He'll have to ramp up a bit after playing small-school ball, and let's face it: if he was Fiji's equivalent of a Rhodes scholar, he'd have ended up in a different program. But he seems plenty football-smart, and RG is a good place for him to start his career.
    3.83 - Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
    A bit early? Maybe. Politically benighted? Yes. But I've always liked what I've seen of Bequette (kinda Justin Smith-ish, but a tad more belligerent, maybe a shade slower, and with shorter arms). A grinder who leads the SEC in sacks is my idea of a solid rotational DE, and for a team that just replaced two ends with shots in the dark, I feel more comfortable with a pro-ready effort guy than with a flyer on raw talent.
    4.116 - Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego St.
    Law Firm's their starting RB, far as I can tell. Even with a rejuvenated line, they need a complementary back, and Hillman's a changeup who can take full-time carries if need be.
    5.156 - Keshawn Martin, WR, Michigan St.
    Still feeding the beast. Yeah, he's talked about mostly as a slot receiver. Yeah, they've got Jordan Shipley. But Shipley's hurt, and Martin's done everything but draw up plays for MSU. That works against him a bit, since he doesn't have a ton of experience doing any one thing, but along with his physical skills, it means that he could come up as a Z or as a slot receiver. Insurance for Wright and/or Shipley, in other words, and damned good insurance for a low fifth-rounder.
    5.166 - Miles Burris, LB, San Diego St.
    After splurging on a second WR, back to drafting for need. Cincy needs LBs, and go figure, Burris is a solid value here. I don't know if he's a terrific SLB in a 4-3, though he's built like one, but he damn sure does smash into people good, and he covers a lot of ground. Along with the generally good things people are saying about him, good enough for me.
    6.191 - Jerron McMillian, S, Maine
    I wasn't kidding in the draft thread: I like Maine a lot, which helped McMillian catch my eye. I'm big enough to admit that I've never seen him play, but he's a big, productive, fast, quick SS who can tackle and cover, and in the late sixth, I'm happy to fill a significant need with a guy like that.
    Last edited by karhu; 04-23-2012 at 04:59 AM.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

After you talk about the hole in her nipple, where do you go with it? You’ve got nothing.

New York Jets

1.16. Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
    2.47. Rueben Randle WR LSU
    3.77. Chris Polk RB Washington
    4.108. TRADED NO PICK

Atlanta Falcons

1.22. TRADED NO PICK
    2.55. Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
    3.84. Jeff Allen T/G Illinois
    4.118. TRADED NO PICK
    Last edited by mouse; 04-16-2012 at 01:44 AM.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Jacksonville:
    1 (7) Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
    2 (38) Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut
    3 (70) Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
    4 (101) David Molk, C, Michigan
    5 (142) Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida St
    6 (176) Matt Reynolds, T/G, BYU
    7 (22) Kellen Moore, QB, Boise St

JMSO, Floyd is a no-brainer on an offense that needs playmaking help. (now that i've said that, he'll probably go 18th or something.) Molk could be a nice replacement for Meester. Reynolds is a dice roll who could turn into a decent RT, and Moore is too small but could stick anyway cos he's fottball smart. defensively, Reyes fits the Jags' defensive mold well. i'm a little worried about Johnson, who's not been what his athleticism says he could be, but if the light ever goes on he's a keeper. Bradham can fit if his assignments are kept to "go that way and hit something."

Kansas City:
    1 (11) Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
    2 (44) Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan St
    3 (74) Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State
    4 (107) Robert Turbin, RB, Utah St
    5 (146) Kyle Wilber, LB, Wake Forest
    6 (182) Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor
    7 (218) Matt Conrath, DE, Virginia
    7 (238) Delano Johnson, LB, Bowie St (MD)

Kuechley and Wilber might both be able to start on this team, and Johnson has athleticism to try to harness. i like Jean-Baptiste more than the Chiefs' sixth-rounder last year, Jerrel Powe; at the least, NJB will play hard every snap. and Conrath is a size/measurables gamble. i see Cousins' floor as Kyle Orton, and he might turn out to be better than that. Turbin looks like a good fit in the KC run game, and everyone here knows about my Brian Quick man-crush.

New Orleans:
    3 (89) Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
    4 (122)Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
    5 (162) Brett Roy, DL, Nevada
    6 (179) Tahir Whitehead, LB, Temple
    7 (234) Micah Pellerin, S/CB, Hampton (VA)

if nothing else, the Saints got a heckuva lot tougher inside defensively with Martin and Roy. Whitehead and Pellerin might not ever be more than backups, but they'll give their all and work their butts off on special teams. and Wright seemed like a nice value pick in the 4th who's a returner and a quick slot guy.
    Last edited by thunderspirit; 04-26-2012 at 01:53 AM.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

INDIANAPOLIS:
    1 (1) ... Andy Luck, QB, Stanford
    2 (34) . Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
    3 (64) . Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
    4 (97) . Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
    5 (136) Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa St.
    5 (170) Joe Adams, WR/KR, Arkansas
    6 (206) Edwin 'Rock' Baker, RB, Michigan State
    7 (208) Josh LeRibeus, OG, Southern Methodist
    7 (214) Travian Robertson, DL, South Carolina
    7 (253) Josh Chichester, TE, Louisville

UDFA's signed:

Christian Tupou, DL, USC
    Bryce Brown , RB, Kansas St.
    Ronald Leary, OG, Memphis
    James Carmon, OT, Miss St
    Jack Crawford, DL, Penn St
    J.R. Sweezy, DT, NC St.
    Najee Goode , LB, West Virginia
    Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon

WASHINGTON:
    1 (2) ... Robert Lee Griffin III, QB, Baylor
    3 (69) . James Brown, OL, Troy
    4 (102) Antonio Allen, S, South Carolina
    4 (109) James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
    5 (141) Ryan Miller, OL, Colorado
    6 (173) Ryan Steed, CB, Furman
    7 (213) Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma

UDFA's signed:

Derek Moye, WR, Penn St.
    Danny Coale, WR, Virginia Tech
    Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland
    James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma
    Markus Kuhn, DL, NC St.
    Chris Galippo, LB, USC
    Corey White, S, Samford
    D'Anton Lynn, DB, Penn St.

Last edited by green18; 04-26-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with me. ........
    .......................Best Green Bay quote ever: "We'll never forget you, Brent." .......

Carolina Panthers

1(9): Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
    2(40): Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida
    4(104): Tony Bergstrom, OT/OG, Utah
    5(143): Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford
    6(180): Taylor Thompson, DE, SMU
    6(207): Marcus Forston, DT, Miami (FL)
    7(216): Tyler Neilsen, LB, Iowa
    Last edited by Da Coach; 04-24-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

New England Patriots

1(27): Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
    1(31): Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame
    2(48): Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska
    2(62): Bruce Irvin, LB, West Virginia
    3(93): Ben Jones, C, Georgia
    4(126): T.Y. Hilton, WR, Florida International

New York Giants

1(32): Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
    2(63): Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (FL)
    3(94): Brandon Hardin, S, Oregon State
    4(127): Joe Looney, OG, Wake Forest
    4(131): Shaun Prater, CB, Iowa
    5(167): Travis Benjamin, WR, Miami (FL)
    6(201): Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack
    7(239): Adewale Ojomo, DE, Miami(FL)
    Last edited by Da Coach; 04-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.

VIKINGS

1) Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    -Pretty obvious choice. Don't think they could be hurt going Blackmon or Claiborne, but this makes an OL that is iffy look a lot better.

2) Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
    -Might have been a bit of a reach but I personally like him better than the other CBs available at that point. Also with the division a bigger CB who seems like a good fit in Tampa 2 scheme.

3) Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
    -Should be a guy who can open things up underneath. Moving Jenkins and Aromashadu down the depth chart one spot along with Carlson and Rudolph at TE gives Ponder some decent weapons.

4) Billy Winn, DE, Boise St
    -More of a grinder type at DE, but should give them something opposite Allen.

4) Trenton Robinson, SS, Michigan State
    -Looking at the roster I think S is a big need and will probably be addressed earlier than I did, but potential starter immediately.

4) Senio Kelemete, OG, Washington
    -Johnson is supposedly moving to LG with pick of Kalil and they just picked up Schwartz for RG, but still think they need OL help.

5) Kheston Randall, DT, Texas
    -High character guy who can be disruptive in the middle. Should work well into rotation with Williams and Remi.

6) Duke Ihenacho, SS, San Jose St.
    -Big hitter. Good value

7) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego St
    -Raw but looks to have a lot of the tools.

7) Bobby Rainey, RB, Western Kentucky
    -Short, but quick. Productive in college, could be more than just change of pace back and throws a different look to the backfield if AP is out.
    Last edited by BearsFanInMN; 04-25-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

Philadelphia Eagles

1.15 - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

2.46 - Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah St.

2.51 - Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

3.88 - Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida St.

4.114 - DeQuan Menzie, DB, Alabama
    Damn! Eagles fans would have to be happy with that draft. Every one of those guys could be a starter in year 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
    New England Patriots

1(27): Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
    1(31): Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame
    2(48): Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska
    2(62): Bruce Irvin, LB, West Virginia
    3(93): Ben Jones, C, Georgia
    4(126):
    Did you think about going RB at 48? Everyone was still on the board! Amazing one RB goes in top 5 and the next doesn't go until 63?

San Diego Chargers

1-18: Melvin Ingram OLB South Carolina
    2-49: Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
    3-78: George Iloka S Boise State
    4-110: Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati
    5-149: Tank Carder ILB TCU
    6-183: Akiem Hicks DT Regina
    7-226: Bradie Ewing FB Wisconsin
    7-250: Case Keenum QB Houston

Tennesse Titans

1-20: Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
    2-52: Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
    3-82: Tommy Streeter WR Miami
    4-115: Omar Bolden CB Arizona State
    5-155: Tyrone Crawford DE Boise State
    6-190: Adrian Hamilton DE/OLB Prairie View
    7-227: Quentin Saulsberry C Mississippi State
    Last edited by DaSuperfan; 04-26-2012 at 01:36 AM.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

19.)Whitney Mercilus - Also considered Barron and Martin here, but we need a pass rusher opposite Peppers. If he pans out, we're legit SB contenders.
    50.)Alshon Jeffery - Kinda a no brainer pick here with Sanu off the board (kidding karhu). Yes we brought in Marshall, but as good as he has looked throwing to Know, Hester, etc, giving him targets like Jeffery and Marshall and making Bennett and Hester play the slot, look out! Also, we can't count on Knox at all until we see it on the field. Would have only considered Massie for OL with this pick.
    79.)Markelle Martin - Can be a ball hawk or a big hitter, which is huge in our defense that touts itself as being able to have interchangeable safeties. Also played STs in college, so if he doesn't start right away he can still contribute.
    111.)Chase Minnifield - Tim Jennings, Kelvin Hayden and whoever else we just signed to play CB, that's all we have being Peanut, who seems to be getting dinged more and more often as he gets longer in the tooth. We need youth and talent at this position badly and I think Minnifield gives us both. Would have liked to have gone OL here, but no one stood out as being able to step in and help as immediately as Minnifield should.

For Dallas

1 14 14 Dallas - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
    2 13 45 Dallas - Zach Brown, LB, UNC
    3 19 81 Dallas - Philip Blake, OC, Baylor
    4 18 113 Dallas - Nate Potter, OT, Boise St.

No comments, cuz eff Dallas!

Haven't got time to do the comments but here goes

Seattle Seahawks
    #12 Fletcher Cox, DT/DE, Mississippi State
    #43 Mychal Kendricks, MLB, California
    #75 Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami (OH)
    #106 Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

Arizona Cardinals
    #13 David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
    #80 Sean Spnce, OLB, Miami
    #112 Jonathan Massaquoi, OLB/DE, Troy
    Next thing you know they will take my thoughts away