Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    5,712

    Predict some trades.....

    Predict some teams that will move up.....and which player they move up for....

    Me, I think the Dolphins move up to 3 to get Tannehill...The Vikings lose out on Kalil but still can get Glenn/Decastro at 8.
    My name is Mongo. I like to dance.....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    16,958
    St. Louis moves up to #4 for Kalil (if Tannehill goes #3) or Blackmon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    8,791
    I'm not buying the whole Miami-Tannehill thing. They say it's widely known among the NFL right now that Miami wants him bad, but I think it might just be a smokescreen. It was also widely thought that Miami was going to do everything to get Flynn, but I don't think Philbin thought he was worth it. I don't think our management will give up a lot of picks to get a QB prospect who isn't a sure thing, like Luck or RG3.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    27,918
    Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    St. Louis moves up to #4 for Kalil (if Tannehill goes #3) or Blackmon.
    If Kalil is there at four, I think the Browns should take him, unless they get a king's ransom in return for a trade down.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    7,380 feet above sea level
    Posts
    24,939
    I would think the odds are decent that the Pats will trade down one of their first round picks since they don't have many picks after the second round. So I'll venture a guess that they move down to Cleveland's 37 from 31 and pick up a 4th rounder.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    35,427
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    I'm not buying the whole Miami-Tannehill thing. They say it's widely known among the NFL right now that Miami wants him bad, but I think it might just be a smokescreen. It was also widely thought that Miami was going to do everything to get Flynn, but I don't think Philbin thought he was worth it. I don't think our management will give up a lot of picks to get a QB prospect who isn't a sure thing, like Luck or RG3.
    Its quite possible that they think he is a sure thing though while they weren't with Flynn. Not that its gospel, but there was a good ESPN article on Flynn and how he might not be much better than Travaris Jackson and maybe Philbin knew this better than anyone. Flynn could be good, I don't know, but I could easily see him not being an upgrade on Matt Moore. Tannehill is a bit raw, but has a lot more upside. Plus the Phins have built some pretty good teams, other than the QB spot, and it hasn't gotten them where they want to be. Its time for them to take a chance on a QB. I wouldn't overpay, but I wouldn't be shy either.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    16,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    If Kalil is there at four, I think the Browns should take him, unless they get a king's ransom in return for a trade down.
    He's not my first choice but I'd be okay with that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    I'm not buying the whole Miami-Tannehill thing. They say it's widely known among the NFL right now that Miami wants him bad, but I think it might just be a smokescreen. It was also widely thought that Miami was going to do everything to get Flynn, but I don't think Philbin thought he was worth it. I don't think our management will give up a lot of picks to get a QB prospect who isn't a sure thing, like Luck or RG3.
    I cannot imagine Miami making the deal either. They need a a lot of better players and it will cost them their 1st and 2nd picks and either 3rd or 4th rounder this year and next. One possibility that was reported was that Miami would trade Jake Long and their #1 for the Vikings #1. But, only if the the Vikings were allowed to sign Long to an extension before the trade. He is a free agent after the '12 season.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    8,791
    Quote Originally Posted by BERN View Post
    I cannot imagine Miami making the deal either. They need a a lot of better players and it will cost them their 1st and 2nd picks and either 3rd or 4th rounder this year and next. One possibility that was reported was that Miami would trade Jake Long and their #1 for the Vikings #1. But, only if the the Vikings were allowed to sign Long to an extension before the trade. He is a free agent after the '12 season.
    If Jake Long was traded to and signed an extension with the Vikings, that's worth their 1st round pick, straightup. The fact we haven't extended Long makes me nervous.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    East Dubuque
    Posts
    21,068
    Mayhew has shown the willingness to trade up for players they have rated high who begin to slip. In two straight drafts, they've traded back up into the first (2010) and back up into the 2nd (2011). Last year, they were also seriously asking about what it would take to go up from 13 to grab Patrick Peterson.

    I could see them possibly trading up at some point in the first couple rounds of this draft, too, for a player they have rated highly...perhaps a CB in the 1st round.
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

    The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,396
    I got a feeling the 49ers may trade up to the late teens-early twenties for either DeCastro (if still there) or Fleener
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    On a small planet floating within a mystery
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    I would think the odds are decent that the Pats will trade down one of their first round picks since they don't have many picks after the second round. So I'll venture a guess that they move down to Cleveland's 37 from 31 and pick up a 4th rounder.
    I can see Niners moving up with them in either 1st or 2nd round. Swap same round and Niners give up ~2 rounds later pick.
    e.g. Niners !st and 3rd for Pats 2nd 1st

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    35,427
    Quote Originally Posted by FamineGod View Post
    Mayhew has shown the willingness to trade up for players they have rated high who begin to slip. In two straight drafts, they've traded back up into the first (2010) and back up into the 2nd (2011). Last year, they were also seriously asking about what it would take to go up from 13 to grab Patrick Peterson.

    I could see them possibly trading up at some point in the first couple rounds of this draft, too, for a player they have rated highly...perhaps a CB in the 1st round.
    I wonder if they'd give up a Julio Jones caliber package to get Claiborne.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.