Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nas mock #1

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Could be true I suppose, especially with Cox. OTOH, Kirkpatrick is a pretty solid get there too. I think he's a great scheme fit and I think its fills a need. Not only more CB depth for now, but someone with potential to be the #1 in the future when Tillman can't be anymore.
    No doubt, I like Kirkpatrick and think he is a great fit in the Bears D, I just think it would probably take them about 2 seconds to turn their card in with Cox's name on it if he was there for them.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Not a Ingram fan at all so i dont like it. I wouldnt pick him at #18.

Don't love Kuechly as the pick, but I like him a helluva lot more at 18 than at 12. I'm pretty firmly on the COurtney Upshaw bandwagon, so I'm surprised he gets out of the first round, but I know plenty of people see him as too slow.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

I like the effort Nas. You tried to be different than everyone else.

....however I disagree with you on most every bold prediction outside the norm you made.

- No way a guy who is a guard and could only play guard goes top 6. Decastro in the top 15 is a bit of a stretch for that reason...all the way in the top 10 is just crazy. What is the earliest a guard has ever been drafted??? I don't think I have seen a top 10 G in my lifetime that I can remember....and quite frankly Decastro isn't the best guard prospect I have seen. So that just doesn't add up to me.
    - I just don't see how Blackmon falls. Not a perfect prospect but a damn good one.
    - Kuechly dropping that far to me is crazy too. He is one guy that IMO that could and should surprise people by going earlier than predicted...not later.
    - I'd be pretty surprised if Whitney Mercilus didn't go in the 1st.
    - I do like the bold prediction of Hill early as I could see teams falling in love with his measurables.

11 premium first round spots for a couple mid rounders?

****kkkk that!

I think the value in this draft is pretty muddled from about 10 to 25 or so, so I think that's a steal. I don't think the Chiefs have any obvious holes they have to fill there nor do I see a perfect prospect for them there. Other than Kuechly who they get anyways.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    I like the effort Nas. You tried to be different than everyone else.

....however I disagree with you on most every bold prediction outside the norm you made.

- No way a guy who is a guard and could only play guard goes top 6. Decastro in the top 15 is a bit of a stretch for that reason...all the way in the top 10 is just crazy. What is the earliest a guard has ever been drafted??? I don't think I have seen a top 10 G in my lifetime that I can remember....and quite frankly Decastro isn't the best guard prospect I have seen. So that just doesn't add up to me.
    - I just don't see how Blackmon falls. Not a perfect prospect but a damn good one.
    - Kuechly dropping that far to me is crazy too. He is one guy that IMO that could and should surprise people by going earlier than predicted...not later.
    - I'd be pretty surprised if Whitney Mercilus didn't go in the 1st.
    - I do like the bold prediction of Hill early as I could see teams falling in love with his measurables.
    My thoughts

- I think Decastro is the 2nd best OL in the draft by a good measure and I think he's a great fit for the Rams and their needs. I think he's one of the safest picks in the draft(cliche alert!) and I agree that he's the best OG since Hutchinson as a prospect. I think the bottom half of the top 10 is pretty weak and I think Decastro goes around 11 or 12 at the worst. Without the huge contracts, I think you can take an OG there. OGs have gone up in value lately from what I can tell. Big contracts and higher picks on interior linemen. I think he's pretty far ahead of Mike Pouncey who went 15. I don't think a WR of Blackmon's caliber is significantly more valuable if at all.

- Maybe I'm wrong on Blackmon, but there are a lot of people saying they have a 2nd round grade on him and the like. Good player, I like him, but limited ceiling. 11 isn't the biggest drop either. He probably goes to the Rams, but I explored another option.

- You are right on Kuechly. I had him going 12 and then had the Chiefs traded down. It just so happened I didn't like anyone after that as a great fit for him. He probably goes 9,10 or 11.

- Mercilus has to go to a 4-3 IMO and the teams looking for a pass rusher late are 3-4 teams. Didn't like the fit and don't love him as a prospect. Very boom or bust IMO.

- I really think Hill could rise up there, glad at least someone doesn't think I'm crazy. He's got the best shot at being a #1 WR in this draft. Not only great athletic scores at the combine but great in the WR drills and great YPA numbers even if his overall numbers aren't great. I like the idea of him and Cam growing together and him learning opposite Smith.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Broncos take a WR? You've GOT to be kidding.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Broncos take a WR? You've GOT to be kidding.
    that becasue they have Peyton Manning and he needs a new toy right?

ya, pretty much. I think they'll want to go 2 wide a lot and Caldwell sucks. Plus both of their starters, each of who I love as players, have had recent health issues. I think WR and DT are the 2 biggest needs for this team. They could use another DB and RB, but Wright is a great fit and value there.

I like the idea of a trade up for the Chargers...but I don't like Ingram at that spot....From what I've been hearing, it sounds more and more like the guy they may target in that type of trade up scenario is Barron. They would love to finally find a solution to the long time Rodney Harrison void at safety next to Eric Weddle.
    RIP Junior Seau San Diego Chargers Legend

Yah, I think the Chargers are a prime option to trade up one way or another. S is a huge need, but pass rush is too. I could also see them moving up for Decastro. I think as they stand, they could use front 7 help a little more. I like their CBs and they spent big on Weddle. Yes, they need another and Barron is very good, but are lacking at OLB and DE right now.

24. Steelers - Coby Fleener,TE,Stanford
    25. Broncos - Kendall Wright,WR,Baylor
    26. Texans - Michael Floyd,WR,ND
    27. Patriots - Nick Perry,DE/OLB,USC
    28. Packers - Shea Mclellin,OLB,Boise St.
    29. Ravens - Donta Hightower,MLB,Alabama

If we take Fleener with Floyd and Hightower on the board I'll break my tv.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Yah, I think the Chargers are a prime option to trade up one way or another. S is a huge need, but pass rush is too. I could also see them moving up for Decastro. I think as they stand, they could use front 7 help a little more. I like their CBs and they spent big on Weddle. Yes, they need another and Barron is very good, but are lacking at OLB and DE right now.
    If they move up to grab a OLB/DE...It had better be an impact guy...they just added Jarret Johnson in FA who will take most of the snaps opposite Shaun Phillips and have stockpiled a bunch of guys like Larry English and Antwan Barnes. They are trying to beef up their run stopping...which has been mediocre... (that's where Johnson comes in) as much as pass rush...I'm not sure this draft will provide the impact guy that Larry English was supposed to be (and obviously isn't)....Barnes has been doing OK as a 3rd down guy to provide pressure...and their go-to passrusher Phillips was banged up last year.

Barron is the kind of hammer and playmaker they could use as a trade up option.....otherwise, they might as well wait at #18 and gamble on an athletic specimen like Nick Perry as a possible pass rusher.
    RIP Junior Seau San Diego Chargers Legend

of course, but clearly the idea is built around me and them believing Ingram is an impact guy in that regard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast