Would anybody be mad with a draft scenario like this ?

Draft Mericilus @ #19, then Bruce Irvin @ 50. In researching Mercilus he has played Defensive Tackle and did very well at Illinois when he did. We then let the LIGHTENING ROD in Irvin play the defensive end position.

P.S. The thought of Peppers, Melton, Mercilus and Irvin as our front line makes me want to drool right now We would definitely lead the league in sacks for sure. Irvin was second in the nation in sacks in 2010 and Mercilus was #1 last year.

What is your opinion?
    Last edited by Bearmagic; 04-14-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Maybe in a few certain situations but I definitely don't see Mercilus as a DT or Irvin as a DE every down.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Maybe in a few certain situations but I definitely don't see Mercilus as a DT or Irvin as a DE every down.

You have a point....but I'm wanting AS MUCH FIRE POWER on our line as possible. Perhaps we could leave Mercilus @ DE and move Irvin as our Outside Linebacker to replace Nick Roach. Either way...guys like Irvin don't come around that often. He is literally lightning in a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Irvin's not a full-time end, that's for sure -- gets washed out too often vs. the run.

you and i have shared our differences on Mercilus' best position, so no need to rehash those.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

I wouldn't be upset but would prefer to see a DE/DT combo instead of 2 DEs. I do not see any circumstance where Mercilus plays DT full-time, perhaps in nickel, but certainly not full-time.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

sure there is, and his name is Henry Melton.

Melton's Combine numbers.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

I don't see Mercilus as any kind of DT at all.

Irvin has to be an OLB in my opinion no matter what type of defense it is. You can put him with his hand down on occasion for sure though. Similar to how we use Rosie Colvin in the past.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

If that was our DL, I'd hand the ball off to the strong side a whole lot.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.