Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vikes meet with another 10-20 pick...

Vikings | Dontari Poe visits

Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:03:52 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings recently met with Memphis DT Dontari Poe.

Comment (0)

| Share:

| Source: NFL.com - Gil Brandt

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/25700/nfl...#ixzz1rwl2JKg8

Getting their ducks in a row I guess...
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

If Poe is their pick, they better have accumulated 2 first round picks for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Platz View Post
    If Poe is their pick, they better have accumulated 2 first round picks for next year.
    Maybe they think he will fall to round 2? Lots of smoke screens wfrom WInter Park, that's for sure.
    TEDBROWN23

NBD, they always bring in the top 30 in one form or another. Lots of guys brought in that they will never draft.

He won't fall to the 2nd, somebody will fall in love with his measurables.
    Last edited by Platz; 04-13-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Las Cruces, New Mexico via NE Minneapolis
    I think the question we need to ask ourselves is who haven't we brought in that we may select in the first three or four rounds. It always seems that one player is under the radar...never brought him in...never talked about him, but kept fingers crossed he'd be at "x" pick.
    Live from the beautiful Mesilla Valley. And, no, you don't need a passport to come to New Mexico. :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernNMFan View Post
    I think the question we need to ask ourselves is who haven't we brought in that we may select in the first three or four rounds. It always seems that one player is under the radar...never brought him in...never talked about him, but kept fingers crossed he'd be at "x" pick.
    This guy: http://www.kubears.com/roster.aspx?r...&path=football

I think a nose tackle to play alongside Kevin Williams is a real possibility in a trade down. I've heard from a couple different sources that they REALLY like Michael Brockers.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone who is on the standard top 200, nilla. With the addition of TeddyB's Moss we can take your's with our other seventh round selection. :-)
    Live from the beautiful Mesilla Valley. And, no, you don't need a passport to come to New Mexico. :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by DenverViking View Post
    I think a nose tackle to play alongside Kevin Williams is a real possibility in a trade down. I've heard from a couple different sources that they REALLY like Michael Brockers.
    This has been on my radar in a couple different ways...straight up taking Hebron Fangupo in the 6th (know nothing abnout him except he weighs a lot.) Or, in one of my trade scenarios where we get an extra two early rounders and taking Alameda Ta' Amu in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverViking View Post
    I think the heir apparent to Kevin Williams is a real possibility in a trade down. I've heard from a couple different sources that they REALLY like Michael Brockers.
    Fixed that for ya.

I've "heard" the same thing...along with another name. Kendall Reyes.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Viking's Lore View Post
    Fixed that for ya.

I've "heard" the same thing...along with another name. Kendall Reyes.
    I would think Ballard is the heir apparent to KW. They play the same position and he showed promise last year.

I would hope a NT is not a possibility in any scenario involving the 3. I would not be suprised at all if we trade back into the 20s to take a brockers or use that pick on a DB.

If I'm a GM under alot of scrutiny, I'm not going to maneuver around the 1st round to take a player at a position of "relative" strength. With all of the needs this team has and with the solid players available at those positions, you've got to think they're going to cover one of those spots.

This has been on my radar in a couple different ways...straight up taking Hebron Fangupo in the 6th (know nothing abnout him except he weighs a lot.) Or, in one of my trade scenarios where we get an extra two early rounders and taking Alameda Ta' Amu in the third.
    I think Ta'amu is one of the more underrated guys in the draft. He'd be a great 4-3 NT. I've read that he doesn't always play with the passion I saw at the Senior Bowl, but if turns up the heat in the NFL he'll be a great pick in the 3rd round.

Another guy that intrigues me is Josh Chapman from Alabama. Without the knee we'd be talking about him in the late first or early 2nd. He won't be able to contribute much in 2012, but we're rebuilding....you take him in the 3rd or 4th and wake up in 2013 with a top 50 talent at nose tackle.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone who is on the standard top 200, nilla. With the addition of TeddyB's Moss we can take your's with our other seventh round selection. :-)
    Moss' was rf54's I believe...Mine was Joe Martinek from Rutgers LOLOL...

Dale Moss however will go long before round 7.
    TEDBROWN23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast