Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Hey, if every state wanted to do what Cali and Maine did and let the people decide, I'm fine with that. Let the people decide who wants to give money away.
    Then why the heck did you try and claim that California is some sort of crazy state?
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    This is good.

Governor Jan Brewer signed into law the hideous bill that redefines pregnancy as beginning at two weeks before conception.

http://jezebel.com/5901617/uteruses-...-bill-into-law
    Brewer is a nutjob, but on this one arizona is doing what people have been talking about in the medical community for ages.

Ill explain.

When a woman first determines shes preggers the doctors count back two weeks prior to conception or before last menstral cycle. I havent read the law but it sounds like they are cutting off the "half" in 10 month preggo term to just 9 months and a few weeks.
    "Girl was bout as nutty as squirel $h!t"- Uncle ruckas.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    That's an interesting definition.

Does this mean that if you're not pregnant you're breaking the law?
    death penalty

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    So Q still hasn't explained how California is part of the crazy club.

Other than "Libruls sux" what are your arguments?
    He has a strong hatred of the Lakers.
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Quote Originally Posted by USAFspeedboy View Post
    Brewer is a nutjob, but on this one arizona is doing what people have been talking about in the medical community for ages.

Ill explain.

When a woman first determines shes preggers the doctors count back two weeks prior to conception or before last menstral cycle. I havent read the law but it sounds like they are cutting off the "half" in 10 month preggo term to just 9 months and a few weeks.
    And the real reason they are doing this is to cut the 10 week abortion down to 8 weeks.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Good.

Hopefully more will follow suit.
    I'm tryin' to explain to you that Ronald Reagan was the devil. Ronald Wilson Reagan? Each of his names has six letters? 6-6-6? Man, doesn't that offend you?

-Huey Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    He has a strong hatred of the Lakers.
    So do I!!!! The Lakers have nothing to do with CA....they are from Minnesota...the land of 10K lakes minus 1. The Lakers suck...they need to count four titles in Minnesota to just even have one less than Boston.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

So, does this mean when a woman swallows, she's committing an abortion in Arizona?
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

The Left will no doubt have the law overturned by the some unelected activist judges
    "I like my women the way I like my scotch, 20 years old and mix up in coke."

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    California has its share of crazy there's no question about that and its easy to knock for that on tv shows/movies etc. Don't get it twisted though. We got some of every type people out here and we all have views and beliefs that range as far as east to west, north to south and all points in-between.
    Or as it was put some decades ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Heinlein
    Americans are considered crazy anywhere in the world.

They will usually concede a basis for the accusation but point to California as the focus of the
    infection. Californians stoutly maintain that their bad reputation is derived solely from the acts of
    the inhabitants of Los Angeles County. Angelenos will, when pressed, admit the charge but explain
    hastily, "It's Hollywood. It's not our fault—we didn't ask for it; Hollywood just grew."

The people in Hollywood don't care; they glory in it. If you are interested, they will drive you up
    Laurel Canyon "—where we keep the violent cases." The Canyonites—the brown-legged women, the
    trunks-clad men constantly busy building and rebuilding their slap-happy unfinished houses—regard
    with faint contempt the dull creatures who live down in the flats, and treasure in their hearts the secret
    knowledge that they, and only they, know how to live.

Lookout Mountain Avenue is the name of a side canyon which twists up from Laurel Canyon.
    The other Canyonites don't like to have it mentioned; after all, one must draw the line somewhere!
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

http://lezgetreal.com/2012/04/arizon...the-worst-law/

Turns out the law has other great clauses. In particular, doctors are allowed to lie to their patients, without consequences -- or more precisely to withhold information -- for fear that telling them the truth might cause them to decide to have an abortion.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post

Turns out the law has other great clauses. In particular, doctors are allowed to lie to their patients, without consequences -- or more precisely to withhold information -- for fear that telling them the truth might cause them to decide to have an abortion.
    Arizona isnt gonna be happy until they go bankrupt from lawsuits. Seriously the feds need to slap a hfty fine on states thats that purposely violate federal law. Any doctor who lies to a patient for any reason should have thier credentials vacated. Its reckless and about as comunist as it gets. You ever notice how far left AND far right stances sound awfully like comunism?
    "Girl was bout as nutty as squirel $h!t"- Uncle ruckas.

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post

That seems wildly illegal to me. Kinda thing that would be cause to bar such a doctor from practicing ever again.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    That seems wildly illegal to me. Kinda thing that would be cause to bar such a doctor from practicing ever again.
    Given that doctors are regulated on the state level, that would be a bit hard to enforce.

However, states are pretty good right now about honoring each other's medical licenses, I think. (Decades ago I know they were terrible.) So that could be rolled back in response.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by USAFspeedboy View Post
    Arizona isnt gonna be happy until they go bankrupt from lawsuits. Seriously the feds need to slap a hfty fine on states thats that purposely violate federal law. Any doctor who lies to a patient for any reason should have thier credentials vacated.v
    I agree in principle.

But what FEDERAL law is being violated by this nonsense?

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast