Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm all for getting a QB of the future but I'm not going to force it with a player like Tannehill. The idea of trading up for him makes me sick. 2013 is filled with real good QB prospects, we need to retool this team with our multiple picks, not give them up for a player with serious question marks. This guy choked at the collegiate level every time the game was close!!

The logic behind going after the QB now would be that you expect to be a lot better than 8-8 next season and you wont' be within the range to make trading up for a potential franchise QB feasible. If you think Tannehill has franchise QB potential, then making an aggressive move to get him makes sense. I just don't think Tannehill fits that description.

I actually think the Browns pick him..so this will all be moot anyway. I think they end up trading up to Minnesota's spot out of fear that the Dolphins or someone else will jump them. DOnt see the Eagles actually being able to get him within reason after all is said and done. They wont mortgage a ton to draft a QB this year.

If he drops to 6 or 7.....get your popcorn ready.

Nah, I think Cleveland doesn't want Tannehill(they want Weeden) and they know Miami knows this, so they're trying to get Miami scared that they'll lose out on Tannehill so they trade up with either Cleveland themselves or with Minnesota. That drops Kalil to 4 and then maybe they can trade down with Saint Louis or Buffalo. Mind games.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    Nah, I think Cleveland doesn't want Tannehill(they want Weeden) and they know Miami knows this, so they're trying to get Miami scared that they'll lose out on Tannehill so they trade up with either Cleveland themselves or with Minnesota. That drops Kalil to 4 and then maybe they can trade down with Saint Louis or Buffalo. Mind games.
    Yup, agreed 100%. Doubt the Browns go Tannehill at #4, either Blackmon or Richardson, I think they go Richardson.

Browns picking Richardson. Eagles aren't getting Tannehill unless Reid thinks he's "fine" at linebacker and dline for starters. We're gearin up for a run and this move doesn't help us at all. I wonder where Kevin Kolb would have gone in this draft? Somewhere in the first round for sure.

Pass on giving up our 1st and 2 2nds ... I mean if you're going to do that might as well just cut Vick now and start Tannehill from day 1. You do that kind of a move if you believe you're a team that has no chance this year. If you believe this team can bounce back and win the division (like I think we can do) then use those 1st 3 picks on players who can help you this year (and for the future as we have some starters getting long in the tooth). If it doesn't work, cut ties with Vick and get your QB next year in what projects as a much better QB draft.

I'm not sure if anyone posted a link to the rumor or not, but I seen this:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...headline_stack

I just hate the idea of trading up for a QB when you're trying to get to the SB this upcoming year. If I'm trading up it's for a player who will help this year. If the Eagles trade up that far it should be for Kalil to protect Vick and if you don't think Kalil will be there at pick 4 then try to get up to get Reiff. Either way you get the OT you need after losing Peters for the season. Otherwise the Eagles would be better trading back.

If for some reason the Eagles move up high enough to have a choice of Kalil/Claiborne/Blackmon and they select Tannehill, my tv is going out the window.

Please say this ain't so......Tannenhill is a reach and what areas are the Eagles deficient at?
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.

Trading up for Tannehill, just doesn't make sense to me. I would have traded up for RG3, but not for any other. Now if they can move up a few spots for Cox, then great. I only hope they can come out of the 1st round with either: Cox; Barron; or Kirkpatrick. I will be happy, and promise I won't bad mouth Reid, no matter what else he does in the rest of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by old duke View Post
    Trading up for Tannehill, just doesn't make sense to me. I would have traded up for RG3, but not for any other. Now if they can move up a few spots for Cox, then great. I only hope they can come out of the 1st round with either: Cox; Barron; or Kirkpatrick. I will be happy, and promise I won't bad mouth Reid, no matter what else he does in the rest of the draft.
    Even if they take a long-snapper in the 2nd round? Dorenbos is in the last year of his deal. Plus he's always rubbed me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by old duke View Post
    I agree with this except that I would substitute Luck for RG3..

The thought that some 1st round non-QB rookie (or even two 2nd round non-QB rookies) is going to take this team over the hump this season is a laughable one. I don't kow why so many of you are afflicted with it.
    Last edited by eaglesnut; 04-14-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Let's see...

4th WR
    2nd TE
    6th OL
    4th DT
    4th DE
    1st SLB *starter*
    4th CB
    3rd S

Or.......future franchise QB? Seems like an easy answer especially given what will be available at 15. Cox, Luke and Poe will be off the board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast