Thread: ok....

ok....

all the top OL are off the board...
    NT is not worth the pick when we are selecting...Poe is gone.

Courtney Upshaw and Donta Hightower are there.....

who do you take???
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

Donta Hightower, he not only fits a need I think he'll be a better pro with less bust potential. Hightower was a leader on Alabama's defense which is what we need in the middle of our defense with Farrior now gone. Upshaw is a tweener who when it counted most had a poor workout. He'll be an OLB in our 3-4 and he project to have good but not great pass rushing skills you'd want, not to mention he's had a domestic violence arrest, though eventually dropped.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

I'm definitely warming up to the prospect of adding Hightower as an ILB if he appears to be the BPA when we pick. The guys is a strong,solid football player from a big time program who I think would complement Timmons really well.

Hightower. Right now I believe Hightower will be the pick unless we trade up or down or a player slides that we don't expect to slide like Poe. What I don't want to do is pick an OG unless Decastro slips to 24. I just think the OG position is deep enough you can get a decent one in the 2nd or 3rd round. I'd rather take Osemele, Brooks, or Bergstrom in the 2nd or 3rd then Glenn or Adams in the 1st.

What Lofaw said but if there's a guy like Martin from Stanford who seems to be falling a bit it will be interesting to see what they do. I like Massie as well and won't be upset if he's our pick. There's plenty of ILB's and NT's that should be there in round two.

Of those two? Hightower.
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

Seriously I'd be ecstatic if we'd end up with Hightower, Osemele, & Chapman or Hightower, Chapman, & Bergstrom/Brooks. If we miss out on Poe & Chapman I hope they take a shot on Akeim Hicks out of Canada. I've been watching film and am very impressed on what I've seen from him.

If they want Bergstrom they can potentially get him in 4....maybe later. Guy is almost 26. Players get dinged for being elder more than they should sometimes. I could see him slipping to the 4th easy.
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

Quote Originally Posted by ThinMan View Post
    If they want Bergstrom they can potentially get him in 4....maybe later. Guy is almost 26. Players get dinged for being elder more than they should sometimes. I could see him slipping to the 4th easy.
    Well that's even better. I didn't realize he was almost 26. I just seen him going higher then the 4th in the mock drafts I've been seeing.

Have you seen Akiem Hicks? What do you think of him? He's taller then we usually use as our NT, but he's looked pretty damn good in all the video I've watched of him. Also if we wanted a project NT who might take a year or 2 of coaching to be ready I think drafting Hebron Fangupo out of BYU would be a nice pick in the 5th or 6th rd. He originally went to USC before transferring to BYU so you know he must have had some skills. I'd have to think about drafting him later in the draft even if we get a NT earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    Have you seen Akiem Hicks? What do you think of him? He's taller then we usually use as our NT, but he's looked pretty damn good in all the video I've watched of him. Also if we wanted a project NT who might take a year or 2 of coaching to be ready I think drafting Hebron Fangupo out of BYU would be a nice pick in the 5th or 6th rd. He originally went to USC before transferring to BYU so you know he must have had some skills. I'd have to think about drafting him later in the draft even if we get a NT earlier.
    I like Hicks, he's got alot of potential but will need a good bit of work. However I see him as a DE in our 3-4, he may fit better as a DT in the 4-3. He will go probably in the 6th but would add great depth at DE for us. Derek Wolfe is another DE that fits that mold for us and he'll probably go between RDs 4-5.

I'd be fine with Fangupo is we miss out on the likes of Poe, Ta'amu and Chapman earlier.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Hightower over Upshaw.

But would get Ingram before Hightower, if he were there.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.