question on forte

today on NFL radio ,they mentioned that Forte will take zero part in any team work out until he has a long term contract .
    i am starting to think if it is the case and the new guy takes all the reps forte might not be so important to the team come the season opener .
    do you see a possible trade partners that not only could use his service but also has the space cap ?
    I used to be a huge fan of him but ,I am starting to feel ,maybe We need to look at trade options

I am totally convinced there is a strong chance he will be traded on draft day whether that be the right decision or not time will tell I guess
    Next thing you know they will take my thoughts away

I've heard rumors that the Patriots might trade their late first rounder for him.

Given that they'd need to give him a contract, that's probably fair. And we'd be able to fill two roster spots with solid NFL prospects at reasonable contracts. Three if you count our second rounder.

I say trade him. Get a low 1 or a high 2 and replace him. He has a TON of mileage on him and not just in the pros. I like him, but it's a passing league. He should have signed by now. Good RB's in R 3-4 this year.
    Darkness can only be lit, not fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill View Post
    I've heard rumors that the Patriots might trade their late first rounder for him.

Given that they'd need to give him a contract, that's probably fair. And we'd be able to fill two roster spots with solid NFL prospects at reasonable contracts. Three if you count our second rounder.
    if they're actually offering that -- and i suspect they're not -- i'd take it right freaking now. (and that's from a guy who is a big Matt Forte fan.)
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Quote Originally Posted by thunderspirit View Post
    if they're actually offering that -- and i suspect they're not -- i'd take it right freaking now. (and that's from a guy who is a big Matt Forte fan.)
    Yeah, that's way too much.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

If you look at the age of the stars on this team, Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers, Tillman, etc, the Bears should be adding quality players not subtracting them.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    If you look at the age of the stars on this team, Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers, Tillman, etc, the Bears should be adding quality players not subtracting them.
    I agree, but I think it is safe to qualify your statement by saying that we should be adding quality young players.

Given this logic, an opportunity to draft a 1st rounder which could be used for a harder to fill position (OL, DL, DB) than running back might also make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie77 View Post
    I am totally convinced there is a strong chance he will be traded on draft day whether that be the right decision or not time will tell I guess
    Trading a Franchised player is problematic at best. Primarily because Forte has to work out a deal with the new team that he would be happy with. I really find it hard to believe that another team would be willing to offer more than we are AND give up a high pick.

Also, a draft day trade is impossible. A draft day trade presumes that we would be trading Forte to a team with a pick when a specific player that we want is available. That could only happen while they are on the clock. There is no way that a team could work out a deal with Forte that fits their salary cap needs, pass a physical, and get the deal approved by the league all within the span of 10 minutes. It's a situation where the toothpaste can't be put back in tube later if something goes wrong.
    The meaning of Life : 101010

"And in case of emergency, dial 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3"

The Bears have a one to two year window on most of their stars.

Players who are going to be ready after that are not as important as those who can produce now.

The appeal of going to the team we beat in the super bowl is going to another super bowl. What Forte wants is paper.

after reading this

quote :The Browns' front office wanted to trade the farm for Griffin, not another quarterback (Ryan Tannehill) at such a high pick. Running back Trent Richardson is an option too after the departure of Peyton Hillis, but Cleveland needs receivers more than they need a running back.

Forte fill in RB and WR very well
    would you trade him plus this year first and next year first for the #4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    after reading this

quote :The Browns' front office wanted to trade the farm for Griffin, not another quarterback (Ryan Tannehill) at such a high pick. Running back Trent Richardson is an option too after the departure of Peyton Hillis, but Cleveland needs receivers more than they need a running back.

No freaking way would I do that.

While LT2 makes a great point about a draft day deal, nothing stops a deal in the works between now and then. It could even play out as if it's a draft day deal if the following happened...

New England expresses interest to Forte now... They examine Forte to see if he's fit... They sit down with his agent and work out a deal... They ask the Bears if they would accept their #1 for Forte if nobody they want more than the Forte deal is on available at their pick... Bears agree... With NE on the clock, they announce the trade. It could happen.

I think I'd do it for a #1.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    after reading this

No. Could see Cleveland take Blackmon then trade #22 or their 2nd for Forte and a 4th/5th type of deal though.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.