Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    None anymore. I had to let them go and bring in cheaper Mexicans to be my minority friend(s)
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Funny, I have often throughout my life been the token white friend. Perhaps we aren't as different as you might think in some odd identity/switch movie theme kind of way.
    Thats going to leave a mark....LOL
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    Dont associate with Raider fans...LOL

Just Raid at his Draft Party.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post
    All you guys are just talk. I happen to have proof that I have a lot of black friends. Here is a photo of myself and all my black peeps:

As you can see, blacks and other minorities both love and respect me.

Checkmate. :D :D :D

I must say, I never pictured you that young.

They all look as though they want a piece of you... including the guys. :)
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    Still, it's surprising (and some what disappointing, but it is what it is) to me your lack of friendship diversity, but many of you still seem to have an objective outlook on things in spite of your homogeneous relationships.
    A big part of it for me was growing up in a small town. Most of my best friends to this day are guys that I have known since kindergarten - one of the guys joined in 4th grade and one in 7th grade - and the rest of us still affectionately call them the "new guys". Northern MN just isn't very racially diverse, and I went to a private college that had a little bit more diversity where I was able to make friends with some people of various ethinic backgrounds. I live in the TC's now, and there is some diversity, but outside of work I either hang out with my wife, or my friends from growing up that live in the Twin Cities as well.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Yeah, I grew up in the cracker-iest of cracker little towns in Massachusetts. There wasn't a single AA family in the whole town when I was a kid. Seriously. I went to a regional HS and there were two AA kids there...one in my grade, and one two years behind. And they both got kicked out for fighting. My only option if I had wanted a black friend would've been to go George Costanza on the janitor...
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    A big part of it for me was growing up in a small town. Most of my best friends to this day are guys that I have known since kindergarten - one of the guys joined in 4th grade and one in 7th grade - and the rest of us still affectionately call them the "new guys". Northern MN just isn't very racially diverse, and I went to a private college that had a little bit more diversity where I was able to make friends with some people of various ethinic backgrounds. I live in the TC's now, and there is some diversity, but outside of work I either hang out with my wife, or my friends from growing up that live in the Twin Cities as well.
    I have zero. the describes my situation pretty much exact, except i was from a small town in western WI and I went to school in Madison, WI where it's got an AA student % of 1.9% according to an article i found in a quick Google search.
    -Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

-Maybe all men got one big soul everybody's a part of, all faces of the same man.

Quote Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk View Post
    ...but we regularly insult each other on Facebook.
    I'm sensing a theme here...
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

All you guys are just talk. I happen to have proof that I have a lot of black friends. Here is a photo of myself and all my black peeps:

As you can see, blacks and other minorities both love and respect me.

Checkmate. :D :D :D
    To hell with Jesse Jackson and Rainbow Push. That's the real Rainbow Coalition right there.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

I've had a couple, but I no longer live near them so we've drifted apart a bit.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    For Mongo or any other white people who don't have any black friends. If you ever need to play the "my best friend/one of my good friends is a black guy." card. You can use me as a reference.
    No need. I am not one of those white folks with "white guilt" or do I need to convince other people that I am all for diversity. Then again, I am hardly accused of being a racist and thus don't need to defend myself.

As you can see, blacks and other minorities both love and respect me. Checkmate. :D :D :D
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    this has been enlightening for me to read because some if not all of the folk that responded in this thread i respect. Still, it's surprising (and some what disappointing, but it is what it is) to me your lack of friendship diversity, but many of you still seem to have an objective outlook on things in spite of your homogeneous relationships.

FWIW, i've often been the token black friend for many of my white/asian/latino friends.
    Yeah...see below...almost similar to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Yeah, I grew up in the cracker-iest of cracker little towns in Massachusetts. There wasn't a single AA family in the whole town when I was a kid. Seriously. I went to a regional HS and there were two AA kids there...one in my grade, and one two years behind. And they both got kicked out for fighting. My only option if I had wanted a black friend would've been to go George Costanza on the janitor...
    I grew up in Massachusetts which is still pretty racist, IMO. My high school cafeteria was extremely racist, LOL....jocks, preppies, hotties, nerds, skaters, deaf students, and black students all sat separately. In my town, there were a few black people...I'd say under 5% and most of the black students at school were bused in from the inner city for better education or something. Then I transferred to a boarding school in D.C. the numbers increased significantly to about 30% with most of them being inner city black students...I made friends then, but still most of the black kids seemed to prefer to hang out with their own kind. Then I went to college in Arizona...didn't even see any black people at all...then college in California...the black students all hung out at the student union...and roomed up together in the dorms. Didn't make many friends then... Now where I live/eat/work/shop...it is really 95% white.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

I think most of Canada in general is fairly low % of black folks (exception being Toronto area). A lot of Asians though. I have a tonne of Asian friends.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    I think most of Canada in general is fairly low % of black folks (exception being Toronto area). A lot of Asians though. I have a tonne of Asian friends.
    I'm assuming that's a metric ton....
    My name is Mongo. I like to dance.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rambulance View Post
    I'm sensing a theme here...
    I haven't insulted you on Facebook...lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post

I have a tonne of Asian friends.
    Well teach 'em to freakin' drive, will ya?!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345