Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    we know that Boldin left Arizona...but what were the circumstances?
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    we know that Boldin left Arizona...but what were the circumstances?
    Wanted to be paid megabucks(almost certainly at the behest of his agent, our ol' buddy Drew Rosenhaus) and in TC 2008 went off on management. Demanded a trade, but no takers were found. Claimed publicly he'd been promised to be taken care of that previous offseason and felt he was disrespected when he wasn't.

At that point I remember him getting different representation at some point and he had softened a bit on the "I won't sign here!!" front by the end of '08(going to a SB will do that, I guess, and he was pretty tight with Warner, IRRC).

'09 wound down and, according to Boldin's side of it, the Cards were still worlds apart on what he felt he deserved and what they were willing to pay him. He thought that "playing the good soldier" in '09 should have been enough of a reason for them to take care of him as he claims they promised they would, apparently they disagreed. He asked to be traded again and they were able to move him to Baltimore.
    Last edited by ThinMan; 04-14-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

Steelers are still in control. Wallace isn't going anywhere despite what his agent is trying to do. With that said, Wallace should stop acting like a child and sign his tender offer and have a lights out season. Then Wallace will have his say on a new contract.

It will be curious to see if the front office drafts another WR in the later rounds. That would be a sign that they are indeed preparing for a Wallace departure.
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!

I think you can almost guarantee they're going to draft a WR somewhere this year. Not just because of Mike, but because of Brown/Sanders too. All could be some kind of FA come '13 and the Steelers usually don't wait to cover their a$$es until the 11th hour.

May wind up being a 4th or 5th round type, but I expect they'll draft somebody.

- westcoast

Quote Originally Posted by ThinMan View Post
    I think you can almost guarantee they're going to draft a WR somewhere this year. Not just because of Mike, but because of Brown/Sanders too. All could be some kind of FA come '13 and the Steelers usually don't wait to cover their a$$es until the 11th hour.

May wind up being a 4th or 5th round type, but I expect they'll draft somebody.
    I'm not so sure about that. I think Brown resigns an extension for a lot less then he'd get on the open market. I just get that feeling from following him closely that he believes he owes the Steelers for giving him a chance and that he seems like the loyal type of player. I also think Sanders stays, but more because with all his injuries he hasn't proved enough yet and will stick here because he knows the playing time he'll get here versus the unknown of going elsewhere. So that gives us Brown, Sanders, & Cotchery not including Wallace who I believe will end up working something out after the date to sign restriction player comes and goes. I'd think they'd wait until next years draft to take a WR. I'm not saying it's out of the question they draft a WR in the 4th round or later because we always draft bpa later in the draft regardless of position, but I don't think they are thinking they have to look for a WR this draft. Just my opinion.

Schefter...

And Friday's deadline came and went without any team signing Steelers RFA WR Mike Wallace to an offer sheet. So it's back to Pittsburgh.

I have a friend who is very well connected to people at Central Michigan. He told me at a Christmas party this year that Brown is a selfish, horse's rear. Many issues at CMU. He said Bazuin, LeFevour, Zambo, and few others were real class acts.

sounds like a typical WR and it explains why he got drafted in the 6th....

Who gives a crap? I don't. As long as the guy doesn't break any laws and produces big on the field, he can be the biggest dick on the planet. I'll never know him personally.

That's interesting, since it's about a 180 degree about face from everything we've heard/seen about Brown since he hit the league. He does that ridiculous first down chop and the "Hines Ward Dance" when he scores on the field, but off of it he's always come off as pretty humble.

Possible it's true he's an a$$, and it's just him putting it on off the field I suppose, but he's doing a pretty good job of keeping his true self on the DL then by doing stuff like this, and by being pretty involved in the community(check out his Twitter feed. Dude has been doing some kind of appearance/whatnot for the team or with kids almost every weekend this offseason).

Perhaps he's grown up a little since CMU.
    Last edited by ThinMan; 04-21-2012 at 03:48 PM.

- westcoast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12