Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    Your wife ...
    Point taken.

But then again, since when is a wife generous with bj's?
    “Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.”
    ~ Evan Esar

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
    ~ Mark Twain

"Stats are for losers."
    ~Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Dingleberry View Post
    Point taken.

But then again, since when is a wife generous with bj's?
    ..."with her husband," I should have added.
    “Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.”
    ~ Evan Esar

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
    ~ Mark Twain

"Stats are for losers."
    ~Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Tyke,

As for the folks you interviewed...I am pretty sure they were never gay to begin with...just confused individuals, IMO.
    Oh, they were confused alright.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe View Post
    Oh, they were confused alright.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Tyke,

As for the folks you interviewed...I am pretty sure they were never gay to begin with...just confused individuals, IMO.
    They are confused by the need to clearly delineate one's sexuality, particularly on one side or another of a binary opposition. Sexuality is a continuum and our place on that continuum is fluid.

This is actually an area where I might disagree with Jim. He has recently claimed that self-labeling is irrelevant, that there is an objectively true sexuality for each person. I have several friends that complicate that thinking tremendously. I may not be properly representing Jim's thinking and I would bet I still agree with him more than I would agree with tyke.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

Quote Originally Posted by Dingleberry View Post
    ..."with her husband," I should have added.
    Good catch!
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pink Monkey View Post
    They are confused by the need to clearly delineate one's sexuality, particularly on one side or another of a binary opposition. Sexuality is a continuum and our place on that continuum is fluid.

This is actually an area where I might disagree with Jim. He has recently claimed that self-labeling is irrelevant, that there is an objectively true sexuality for each person. I have several friends that complicate that thinking tremendously. I may not be properly representing Jim's thinking and I would bet I still agree with him more than I would agree with tyke.
    I think there's a true sexuality for each person. I have known a few people that were OBVIOUSLY gay to me when we were kids....but they tried to be straight...and eventually just came out of the closet.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

What's interesting is that virtually every Jesus addict on KFFL has asked me, at one time or another, if I'd change my views on theism/atheism if provided with incontrovertible proof that there was a god, and I said that I would.

Now, someone who first proposed the theory that gay people can change their orientation is retracting that statement, but instead of re-evaluating their own positions, certain theists are digging in their heels.
    "No two people on Earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or else it isn't music."—Billie Holliday

I think there's a true sexuality for each person. I have known a few people that were OBVIOUSLY gay to me when we were kids....but they tried to be straight...and eventually just came out of the closet.
    It's a spectrum, not a simple binary choice. In particular, some people really are attracted to certain people of more than one sex.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12