Trai Essex signs

According to a Trai Essex tweet, he will be back with the team. This doesn't fill me with joy. I also don't understand how he was in their pre-draft top 30 when he was drafted. It also seems no other team has a fascination with the big guy. Despite that negativity, hope he helps the squad.

I am not an Essex fan, but could be nothing more than making sure we have depth going into draft and TC. Though he's brought back if draft falls right he may not make it out of TC. He is able to line up at C,G or T which may be why FO brought him back.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Good stuff. I like the guy, not many players in the league who can play all 5 OL positions at an acceptable level.

Not starter level, but acceptable. He might actually be a better Center than anything else.

We're lucky to have him.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Legs signed his tender too. Two versatile BACKUP linemen stay in the fold.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

I think that's the key. I don't particularly want either one of those guys as a full time starter but their versatility as backups is pretty valuable in a league where you know your backups are going to have to be on the field at some point. Neither one cost very much and both want to be Steelers. I prefer Legs to Essex just because I think he works harder.

Legs also handles the big DT/NTs better.

I was kinda assuming Essex would end up with the Cardinals. Perhaps we trade him to the Cards later this year. ;)

Other than depth, this move *should* not affect the team's draft needs or strategies in the slightest. If it does, there's something wrong. I'm really hoping they aren't penciling in Essex at Kemo's old starting RG position.
    "Dying is easy; comedy is hard." - Edmund Kean