Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2011/12 season discussion

Wasn't sure where else I could just post general comments throughout the season.

Lakers win another without Kobe, against the Spurs on the road. If I'm Kupchak I'm trading Kobe this summer and keeping the best front court in the league together, shaving $30m off my payroll and rebuilding around Bynum, Gasol & Sessions.

Am I mad?
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

Gasol is the guy that will go. Everyone kind of already knows that. Kobe is a couple years older but likely has more elite seasons left in him than Gasol does at this point. Kobe is such an elite worker and really seems to love nothing other that basketball that I can see him playing at an elite level for 5 or 6 more years yet.

I'm really interested to see if Session can keep his shooting up. Guy couldn't shoot a lick before this season yet has really figured it out this year. Having him on the team is going to save Kobe a little. The Laker's were just killing that old man this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    Wasn't sure where else I could just post general comments throughout the season.

Lakers win another without Kobe, against the Spurs on the road. If I'm Kupchak I'm trading Kobe this summer and keeping the best front court in the league together, shaving $30m off my payroll and rebuilding around Bynum, Gasol & Sessions.

Am I mad?
    I don't think so and I've proposed that scenario to friends in conversation and I think here on KFFL one time (not sure about that though) It has its risk though with Bynum's injury history probably being the scariest element of that risk.

The ideal situation would be if Kobe would stop being a damn ball hog and actually incorporate Bynum and Gasol into the offensive flow of the game on a regular basis.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    I don't think so and I've proposed that scenario to friends in conversation and I think here on KFFL one time (not sure about that though) It has its risk though with Bynum's injury history probably being the scariest element of that risk.

The ideal situation would be if Kobe would stop being a damn ball hog and actually incorporate Bynum and Gasol into the offensive flow of the game on a regular basis.
    Therein lies the Lakers biggest problem since back even when Shaq was there. Kobe IS all about winning, but it has to be on his terms. I think Bill Simmons even said he always got the impression that Kobe would rather lose scoring 50 then win scoring 10. While I think he might be okay with other guys carrying things for a few games, I don't think he'd ever allow the Lakers to be what they need to be to win a title, a team that exploits their size advantage night in and night out.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Gasol is the guy that will go. Everyone kind of already knows that. Kobe is a couple years older but likely has more elite seasons left in him than Gasol does at this point. Kobe is such an elite worker and really seems to love nothing other that basketball that I can see him playing at an elite level for 5 or 6 more years yet.

I'm really interested to see if Session can keep his shooting up. Guy couldn't shoot a lick before this season yet has really figured it out this year. Having him on the team is going to save Kobe a little. The Laker's were just killing that old man this season.
    Kobe won't be elite with 18+ seasons on the odometer. An NBA body just can't take that wear and tear no matter what position you play.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Talk about one of the strangest game lines you will ever see from a reigning MVP...1-13, 2 points, -27...your team wins by beating the concensus pick to be NBA Champs. And your backup goes for 16 and 9 and is +38.

They should take away his MVP...OK I'm kidding...but what a weird stat line. I only caught the last minute and OT so I didn't see much of Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ERS4EVA View Post
    Therein lies the Lakers biggest problem since back even when Shaq was there. Kobe IS all about winning, but it has to be on his terms. I think Bill Simmons even said he always got the impression that Kobe would rather lose scoring 50 then win scoring 10. While I think he might be okay with other guys carrying things for a few games, I don't think he'd ever allow the Lakers to be what they need to be to win a title, a team that exploits their size advantage night in and night out.
    On point observation imo.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by KRD227 View Post
    Talk about one of the strangest game lines you will ever see from a reigning MVP...1-13, 2 points, -27...your team wins by beating the concensus pick to be NBA Champs. And your backup goes for 16 and 9 and is +38.

They should take away his MVP...OK I'm kidding...but what a weird stat line. I only caught the last minute and OT so I didn't see much of Rose.
    Bulls have done fine without Rose all year. I think it shows his MVP season last year wasn't quite as what it was hyped up to be. He's still a great player, but I didn't think he was the MVP last year. Bulls are crazy deep. They will beat the Heat in the playoffs this year, with or without Rose IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KRD227 View Post

The Bulls need Rose to advance far in the playoffs and be an elite team long term, of course. However, hopefully this puts to rest the idea that he was carrying some group of scrubs last year. He was simply not the MVP last year. Top 10, MAYBE 5, sure I'm ok with that. I'm just saying, he clearly has plenty of help in Chicago. They are an elite defensive team, they have 2 good scoring Fs and they are well coached and play as a team. Great depth.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    Bulls have done fine without Rose all year. I think it shows his MVP season last year wasn't quite as what it was hyped up to be. He's still a great player, but I didn't think he was the MVP last year. Bulls are crazy deep. They will beat the Heat in the playoffs this year, with or without Rose IMO.
    I just don't see them beating the Heat though. Things were much the same in the regular seaosn last year and Miami whipped them pretty good in the playoffs. Miami has to get their **** together, but they seem like they will in the playoffs. JMO.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post

Am I mad?
    Gasol has shown more signs of decline, so I agree with the sentiment that he's more likely to be traded. You can still probably get something decent for him too. On paper, its not a horrible idea to trade Kobe, but the Lakers' owner has come out and said he never wants Kobe to not be a Laker. I think the idea that Kobe is holding the Lakers back or something though is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by 9ERS4EVA View Post
    Kobe won't be elite with 18+ seasons on the odometer. An NBA body just can't take that wear and tear no matter what position you play.
    Well, some guys are pretty timeless. Kobe doesn't seem like one of those guys though. He's had LOTS of injuries through the years. Stockton I barely remember missing games.

Also he is a perimeter player and generally speaking they don't remain as effective for as long as guys in the post.

Post guys tend to have longer careers, so it influences the decision. Gasol has never not been a hard worker.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    Rose was one of the worst MVP selections in history. Maybe the worst.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Of course the Raptors beat the Celtics. East is getting pretty crazy.

I just want to see the Bucks get a shot at Chicago. Just one series.

I kinda wish the Raptors weren't winning all these games now. MKG would be perfect for this team imo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast