Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No more Senior Bowl wonder boys please....Laws, McDougle, Graham, Reggie Brown, Watkins....a thoroughly unimpressive list of high round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    No more Senior Bowl wonder boys please....Laws, McDougle, Graham, Reggie Brown, Watkins....a thoroughly unimpressive list of high round picks.
    Yeah your right that Danny Watkins blows....How dare he make the All rookie team! I mean who wants their draft picks to do that!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...4-d6de449a96e5

Thwe jury is out on Watkins, and to a degree Graham. But the other guys--yeah they blow. And frankly Watkins needs a whole lot of work before I consider him worthy of a first rounder, which is bad because he is already old.

Thwe jury is out on Watkins, and to a degree Graham. But the other guys--yeah they blow. And frankly Watkins needs a whole lot of work before I consider him worthy of a first rounder, which is bad because he is already old.
    If you get a good-great 4-5 years out of any player anymore it's a "GREAT" pick.

Lol...check Graham's college stats. Hardly just a "senior bowl wonder".
    Last edited by swat; 04-13-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Trevor Laws was looking good in 2010, then we went to the wide 9 and his playing time diminished....You put him back in a standard 4-3 defense and I think he can make some noise.
    It's funny how it always seems to be bad luck, bad timing or general misfortune with our defensive draft picks. The Trent Cole pick is nothing short of a miracle at this point.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

Its not funny. It sucks.

What team loses their 1st and 2nd round picks to major knee injuries in their rookie season? Ive never seen it happen before.
    How many 1st round picks get shot not long after they are drafted and stay hurt with injury after injury?

Thats just terrible terrible terrible luck. Has nothing to do with their scouting or decision to draft them. How the hell can people blame the Eagles for major injuries or shootings? I guess we had our own bounty on Leonard Weaver too. lol.

I think Laws was a good pick at the time, he just didnt work out. Chit happens. The Pats dont hit on all their picks either.

Yeah...our D picks havent been great overall but there have been some extenuating circumstances with plenty of them. Things the Eagles couldnt control. Put the blame where it belongs.

Ya think DJacc has the same 2nd and 3rd seasons if he blew out his knee as a rookie?....NOT.

It seems to me that Wings has no problem blaming our previous D coordinator for jacking Graham up.

Nor does he think much of our 2nd year strong safety.

You certainly don't care for Nate Allen. And before you bring up my defense of Allen during his rookie season (where you let no single opportunity pass to bash the pick) I just wanted to give him a chance to prove his worth. ...I wanted Earl Thomas in the first round.

I could bring up the endless reaches for picks on D or the lasting misery that defines our LB core, but that is a far too morbid task for a Friday.

Is it really too much of a stretch to point out how much we seem struggle with our defensive draft picks?
    Last edited by Iron Eagle; 04-13-2012 at 11:55 PM.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

Hopefully they start panning out and soon. For whatever reason we have not gotten great returns..I think we can all agree there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    bet ya he does well with the Rams.
    Possible.....scheme means everything and apparently our scheme didn't like him or visa versa.
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.

Senior Bowl is an amazing tool to evaluate talent. Its not the only tool of course, but getting a chance to get up close and see top seniors competing against top competition with NFL coaching and practice - how can you besmirch that?

You don't like that we choose the best players from Senior Bowl? Would you prefer we draft the worst players? Or the ones who didn't get invites? How many players who struggle at Senior Bowl become top players in the NFL? What is your beef exactly? Do you think we overvalue Senior Bowl and ignore their college tape? I don't see that.

Brandon Graham dominated during his college tenure and then dominated Senior Bowl. Who would want that guy?! Watkins also had terrific performance stats AND stopped all the big DLs at Senior Bowl. What a reach?!! By the way? Did I miss Gabe Carimi in the Pro Bowl? Oh he was injured? - must be a bust.
    While cynics whine about what the Eagles haven't done. Real Eagle fans focus on what we should do.

Common sense says don't judge a player after just one week of football, go and evaluate their college career as a whole and if they have an impressive resume throughout their collegiate time and they have a great senior bowl then absolutely I would be interested in the player. A prime example of someone who had a great college career and senior bowl: Brandon Graham, I wanted Earl Thomas at that trade spot but I still loved Brandon Graham as a prospect, If he's fully healthy I think he will have a very impressive year and career. But if another prospect has a poor career and a great senior bowl then that's some red flags for me and I would go back to the tape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12