Latest mock with Friends (first four rounds)

This one was interesting. I went into with an open mind saying I would take the best player available at 15. Things really got interesting from there.

Trades:
    1. Asante Samuel the Patriots for #62 - I offered this one figuring it would be a no, but the guy drafting for the Patriots made a good point, Belichik is not afraid of older veterans who can still play.

2. Traded #15 to the Rams for 33 & 39 - This one was offered to me right as I was starting to write Michael Floyds name down. The Rams took Floyd with the pick. They wanted to get a weapon right away for Luck.

Picks

#33 - Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech - Need a big reciever on this team. Hill is still raw so he plays behind Jackson and Maclin but gets on the field situational in year one. Next year we deal either Jackson or Maclin and Hill moves into the starting lineup.

#39 - Vinny Currey DE Marshall - I really like Curry and think he is a good fit for this team. Daryl Tapp's job is in trouble (or if Graham doesn't make it back)

#46 - Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska - Linebacker is a huge need on this team, we need to spend a 2nd day pick on one. I believe David can play either strong or weak side.

#51 - Brandon Boykin, CB/KR/PR, Georgia - With the extra 2nd round picks spending one on a guy who is mainly going to be a KR and PR is smart. Boykin could eventually be the slot Corner on this team but his role this year is KR/PR

#62 - Mike Martin, DT, Michigan - Martin is in that second tier of DT's I have for this draft. Since we rotate our lineman so much I think he is a great fit.

#88 - Nate Potter-OT-bosie - Good fit for Howard Mudd's schemes. Backup this year could take over LT if Peters doesn't come back in 2013

#114 Ben Jones, C, Georgia - Another good fit for Mudd's system. Competes with Kelce right away

I'm not a fan. Hill won't play this year and I don't see Currey being more than a rotation guy. I like the trade down but why not pickup a safety like Smith from ND? More value IMO.

I like David but I think he's going higher.

Boykin is a wasted pick. Too small for anything but KR.

Love Jones.
    Chip is the man!

There are plenty of guys Boykin's size and smaller who do fine.

#88 is a little high for Potter. He has injury issues. I would have gone for a RB at some point. Or tried to trade one of those 2nds for a 2013 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I'm not a fan. Hill won't play this year and I don't see Currey being more than a rotation guy. I like the trade down but why not pickup a safety like Smith from ND? More value IMO.

I like David but I think he's going higher.

Boykin is a wasted pick. Too small for anything but KR.

Love Jones.
    Smith was gone by 33. Hill is not going to play much this year but he does have a ton of talent.

"I don't see Currey being more than a rotation guy" Hmmm, interesting comment considering we rotate our defensive lineman all the time, so in other words you are saying he is a perfect fit.

Boykin you are right probably nothing more than a slot corner but..... we really need a quality KR/PR and that he is.

I'm saying that I want more than an adequate part-time player out of our first two picks in the draft
    Chip is the man!

We rotate our D-line and have different packages for different WRs. Anyone there is going to be part-time. The SLB gets less playing time than the nickel CB. Both roles are part-time. About the only positions that are full-time players are QB, O-line and perhaps one of the safeties.

SS is full time.
    Chip is the man!

I give you credit for doing something different with the first selection. But then we fall back into this Curry, David and Boykin thing? Is this you saying you think the Eagles are going to take these players? Or you just playing favorites with guys you like but not likely to be drafted by us.

Absolutely love it!!! I would be so friggin juiced if this happened. I've been a huge fan of Hill, Curry and Martin. I also really like Boykins and I've always loved David's game, I used to be worry about his 225lb frame but since he bulked up to 233lbs and showed the ability to do that in limited time and still maintain great athletic ability I am absolutely pro-David, great player. Love Potter and Jones as well, maybe a round early on Potter. I actually have Curry, Martin, David, Jones, and Potter in my next Mock so that tells you how much I think of the same players you do.

Only thing I would change is if Brandon Thompson was available at #51, I would take him and then take a corner later like Ron Brooks. Where did BT go anyway? I would also get a RB in there.

Regardless even if our draft went half as good as this one it would still be a good one.

Great job Taz
    Last edited by Birds4life81; 04-11-2012 at 08:26 PM.

I didn't know that the Rams got "LUCK"! :)