Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...dolphins-trade

Here's a portion of what Polian wrote:
    The most likely competition for Tannehill is the Cleveland Browns at No. 4 overall. That means, in order to assure themselves of selecting Tannehill, the Dolphins would need to move up to the No. 3 pick in a trade with the Vikings. In my mind, this is a trade you must make if you're the Dolphins. There is no reason to gamble and hope that he falls to No. 8. With the new CBA, Tannehill's position as a QB and his contract wouldn't be an impediment to moving up to No. 3 to select him. And even if the Browns do pass on Tannehill at No. 4, there's no guarantee a team like Kansas City won't trade up to take him.

With the Dolphins owning a plethora of reasons to trade up, does their potential trade partner -- the Vikings -- have an incentive to make a deal? In short, yes they do. Minnesota has a clear-cut need at left tackle and at the top of the draft, there are two such prospects that could fill that void: Matt Kalil of USC and Riley Reiff of Iowa. Given the current draft order, it's likely that the Vikings will be able to get at least one of them with the Dolphins' No. 8 pick.

However, it may not be Kalil, the prospect many grade as the draft's top tackle. If the Vikings believe the trade package from the Dolphins to be worth the drop off in grade from Kalil to Reiff, I think they'd move the pick.

Reiff does nothing for me. I'd rather go with Keachly, DeCastro or Floyd.

Gut feeling the Vikes take Floyd there... They just had him into Winter Park I believe. Sounding like they are going to trade down IMO.
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

Floyd might be gone by 8, too.

Kuechle would be a very solid pick also.

If Cleveland wants Tannehill, I wonder what they would pay for a straight 4 for 3 swap? Their second rounder?

Go11

Go11

All the trade speculation will make for a fun draft day, hopefully. Too bad the stupid NFL has to split it up so much but whatever!

I don't mind two days, but three is a bit much.

Also, they need to move it up 2-3 weeks. Late April is too late.

Go11

Friday night round one, Saurday rounds 2-4, Sunday 5-7 would be about perfect to me.

I just can't warm to Floyd as a top ten pick. I think he will be a good WR, but top ten quality? I don't see it.

I would take Blackmon at 8, but I don't see him being there.

Keuchly is the pick, if he is all that he is being hyped to be. They are touting him as a Patrick Willis type guy. Hell, any true excellent 3 down MLB would make this team alot better.

Over the last couple months I've watched a ton of Kalil and I have to agree with Psycho. While his technique appears flawless, the amount of times I saw him get beat, or almost get beat, is alarming. What's more, he seldom faced great pass rushers in the Pac 10. Mike Adams, for example, faced Upshaw, Coples and Ingram in the Senior Bowl and pretty much shut them down. And at Ohio State he faced Mercilus, Kerrigan, Watt, Heyward, and Clayborn, among others...a virtual who's who of the first round the last couple of years. Against all but Kerrigan, Adams looked good. He had an up and down game against Mercilus, I guess. But I'm worried that Kalil is going to get his butt kicked by NFL-level pass rushers. At least early on.

That said, with his great feet, athleticism, flawless technique, intelligence and pedigree, it's pretty hard to see him not eventually becoming a great NFL left tackle, but the guy I saw isn't as good as all the hype.

If we stay put, I'd probably lean toward Claiborne, followed by Kalil. If we took the Miami deal, I'd take Michael Brockers, followed by Dre Kirkpatrick and Kuechly.

I have read quite a few comments suggesting the Kirkpatrick's best spot in the pros might be safety instead of CB. That is a pretty interesting thought, especially given our drastic need at that position. Certainly seems like a high-effort player.

Heck, that entire Alabama D was pretty studly last year. Other than JAllen and KWilliams, the rest probably would start for the Purple!

Go11

Quote Originally Posted by Go11 View Post
    On the flip side, the USC DE Perry was pretty dominant against Martin, the Stanford LT that game if IIRC, and at one point Martin had to be pulled for an injury he sustained trying to block Perry.

I really do not think Kalil is in Thomas' class from a few years ago...sure wish he was.

Go11
    I'd be surprised if Martin goes in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by Go11 View Post
    I have read quite a few comments suggesting the Kirkpatrick's best spot in the pros might be safety instead of CB. That is a pretty interesting thought, especially given our drastic need at that position. Certainly seems like a high-effort player.

Heck, that entire Alabama D was pretty studly last year. Other than JAllen and KWilliams, the rest probably would start for the Purple!

Go11
    I like DK because he's a badass. He'll rip your head off. He's risky because of his "issues" and freelancing, but whether at safety or corner (I think the Vikings would keep him at corner) he would immediately give our secondary some swagger.

I've warmed alot to Claiborne at 3, but not Dre Kirkpatrick anywhere in the top half of the first round. I saw one of those draft shows on NFL network last week where they showed Dre and Gilmore back to back and Gilmore just looked more fluid and athletic. I don't think that Kirkpatrick has the upside at all to warrant a near top ten pick.

I also saw some of Kalil and Reiff back to back and again the difference was easy to see in ease of movement, fluidity, etc. I don't see Reiff as a real option at 8 as well.

Mike Adams scares me. Seems like a guy with attitude/motivation issues. Our last talented LT with attitude motivation issues (much more talented), didn't turn out great.

Trading out of 3 seems really risky to me, so if they trade out, it better be for a really good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverViking View Post
    I like DK because he's a badass. He'll rip your head off. He's risky because of his "issues" and freelancing, but whether at safety or corner (I think the Vikings would keep him at corner) he would immediately give our secondary some swagger.
    Yep.

I like him too and think he would fit into our scheme pretty well at CB. I'm hoping that his lack of pure man to man coverage skills will push him down to our 2nd round pick but that isn't all that likely simply because lack of quality CB's around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseland Vike View Post
    Mike Adams scares me. Seems like a guy with attitude/motivation issues. Our last talented LT with attitude motivation issues (much more talented), didn't turn out great.

Trading out of 3 seems really risky to me, so if they trade out, it better be for a really good deal.
    Agreed on both accounts. There were a couple games I saw of Adams where he was just loafing around the field and going through the motions. Really turned me off on him. A slightly less talented McKinnie actually is probably a decent comparison for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Yep.

I like him too and think he would fit into our scheme pretty well at CB. I'm hoping that his lack of pure man to man coverage skills will push him down to our 2nd round pick but that isn't all that likely simply because lack of quality CB's around the league.

Not sure I would pick for scheme fit when the coaches deciding on the scheme are on pretty thin ice.

Adams doesn't play like a guy 6'7" 323. He looks lighter than that loses leverage a lot, gets bullied back into the QB. Saw it way too often. IMO he isn't even a 1st rounder without the off the field stuff. Maybe he can play at 335 and gain some of that leverage back, IDK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast