Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    Also, Dungy and Harrison play well of of each other, and I have a soft spot for Berman.
    They do. Many times I don't agree with much of Dungy's analysis but it's usually interesting to hear his persepective. Harrison isn't bad. More visceral and reacts emotionally to the game.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Keyshawn in their "worst" list yet...
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Keyshawn is awful, much like Faulk, Emmitt when he was around and other former players.

I echo the love for Colinsworth and Jaworski. I think Hoge is slighty underrated despite being kind of a douche. I like Michaels,Gruden,Mayock all quite a bit and I am a bigger fan than most of Buck and Aikman.

Bryant Gumbel was the worst I ever heard.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    You know Jaworski is a former player, right?
    Mayock, too.

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post
    There's a Yahoo writer that I like to call the Perez Hilton of NFL writers. You probably know who I'm talking about if you masochistically click on Yahoo's crappy articles.
    Michael David Smith?
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Complaints Dept View Post
    Michael David Smith?
    Chris Chase. It's hard to click on a yahoo article (any topic) and not see people making fun of him in the comments.

Where's Q? I should let him write this Titans article for me. I'll just delete any mentions of Fisher, VY and Dyson.

Absolutely hate: Micheal Irvin, Todd McShay, Charles Davis, Warren Sapp, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, Chris Collinsowrth, Mel Kiper, Joe Theismann, Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Jamie Dukes, Keyshawn Johnson, Darren Sharper, EDIT: Willie McGinest- forgot this clown too.

I like Mike Mayock, Ron Jaworski, Daryl Johnston, Rich Eisen, Adam Schefter, Greg Cosell, Heath Evans, Kurt Warner.

As you can see, I hate much more of these guys than I like.
    Last edited by Birds4life81; 04-16-2012 at 07:09 AM.

You like Johnston and Heath Evans? No, I refuse to give any FB on TV credit. Those guys are from a position that's extinct in today's NFL and they constantly over-value the running game.

In fact, that's one of the worst things about the players on TV. They seem to know nothing but the positon they played, so everything they say is biased towards that position, which can be really annoying when it's something irrelevant like a FB.

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post
    You like Johnston and Heath Evans? No, I refuse to give any FB on TV credit. Those guys are from a position that's extinct in today's NFL and they constantly over-value the running game.

In fact, that's one of the worst things about the players on TV. They seem to know nothing but the positon they played, so everything they say is biased towards that position, which can be really annoying when it's something irrelevant like a FB.
    I enjoy well spoken and intelligent people who know what the hell they're talking about, just because they used to be FB doesn't mean they don't know how to talk football.

I, too, like Collinsworth - most of the time, he's not afraid to call out players whom I know are personal friends of his.

Johnston and Siragusa need to die slow, painful, humiliating deaths, preferably involving loss of control over bodily functions. At least four times during every game, I want to smack both of them and scream, "IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU ANYMORE!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHERE YOU HAD DINNER LAST NIGHT!!!!"
    “Since Jesus preached that a ‘spiritual kingdom’ focuses on the world beyond……a true Christian makes a bad citizen. Christians do not care about improving temporal society because they are interested only in a future one.”—Hector Avalos, Fighting Words: The Origins of Religious Violence

I know this is just limited to football, but Jeff Van Gundy should be relegated to a human punching bag. Likewise, Tim Legler deserves more airtime over the other loud-mouthed jackasses on that network.
    You're either continuing to get better, or you're getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by sfranfan View Post
    I know this is just limited to football, but Jeff Van Gundy should be relegated to a human punching bag.
    Why limit yourself to punching?
    “Since Jesus preached that a ‘spiritual kingdom’ focuses on the world beyond……a true Christian makes a bad citizen. Christians do not care about improving temporal society because they are interested only in a future one.”—Hector Avalos, Fighting Words: The Origins of Religious Violence

My favorite writers are Mike Tanier, Matt Bowen, and Ben Muth. They're all awesome. Peter King is probably my least favorite. He pretty much represents everything wrong with sports journalism.
    In defense of humans
    Lay down your power trip
    Stop toying with emotions and relationships
    Cause you, you don't rise when people fall

Best guy out there is Ray Didinger - unfortunately he's married to the dysfunctional family that is the Philly sports media. He'd be a blessing if he ever decided to ascend to the national level but - as he doesn't have the pre-requisite BS overflowing from his shirt collar - he'd probably never consider it.

Worst is probably Jamie Dukes. President of the "If You You Shout it Loud Enough it Must Be True" club.
    Last edited by Hi Bob; 04-17-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast