Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That's an interesting tidbit about Romo and Payton, never heard that one.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

teflon

i wonder how it is that brees is getting a pass on this forum and the media over bounty gate. it's like the league and the media has coated him in teflon!

how can someone have been in that locker room and not known about the bounties. brees being a league rep and all and is getting pretty much a pass on this when it is he who should be offering up a legitimate explanation of this and not his calling out of the commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by joesmoe View Post
    i wonder how it is that brees is getting a pass on this forum and the media over bounty gate. it's like the league and the media has coated him in teflon!

how can someone have been in that locker room and not known about the bounties. brees being a league rep and all and is getting pretty much a pass on this when it is he who should be offering up a legitimate explanation of this and not his calling out of the commissioner.
    Interesting.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    That's an interesting tidbit about Romo and Payton, never heard that one.
    Payton has always been a big Romo supporter. He was instrumental in signing Romo as a UDFA, and he wanted Romo starting as far back as 2003 (Quincy Carter year), but Parcells insisted Romo wasn't ready. When Payton got the HC job in NO, he offered a 3rd-round pick for Romo, but Dallas refused. Had Dallas accepted that offer, Brees would have been royally F'd for having signed his tag the previous year. No other team was willing to gamble that he could recover from his shoulder injury, and pay him starter money.

Money is all relative to how it compares to your peers and your market value, and it's always personal. In this case Brees watched Peyton, who is 3 years older and coming off of 3 neck surgeries, just sign his name on a 5 year/$100 million dollar contract. Unless the Saints are offering something in the same ballpark, I can understand why he would be upset.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

LOL at any poster who thought he would be scheduled to make $40 million.

As for Brees I can certainly understand why he is pissed. As posted he had a horrible experience with the tag once before and at his advanced age the injury risk is only higher. The Saints fanbase has been kicked around pretty hard this offseason, way more than they should have been. I agree that he will eventually sign in NO but it will be the team, not the player, who will change their approach. I mean he is clearly one of the top 3-4 in the league, and those guys are full step above the next level guys.

It's already been well documented that he was offered more than $18M per year, and more than Brady. His agent wants $20M plus. It's just not feasible given the Saints' cap situation. But to think he would demand a trade, especially with everything he has said in the last day or two, is laughable. This is like Florio or another butt-burnt Vikings fan trolling.
    Last edited by donato; 04-14-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Alex Smith
    2012- 1st
    2013- 1st
    2013- 2nd

for

Drew Brees

--Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    It's already been well documented that he was offered more than $18M per year, and more than Brady.
    These are private negotiations. How can such a thing be "well documented"?
    Depending upon how a contract is structured, numbers can be meaningless. How much is guaranteed is what Brees and his agent will be interested in.

It's already been well documented that he was offered more than $18M per year, and more than Brady. His agent wants $20M plus. It's just not feasible given the Saints' cap situation. But to think he would demand a trade, especially with everything he has said in the last day or two, is laughable. This is like Florio or another butt-burnt Vikings fan trolling.
    Not a troll by any means...

I think I posted this while listening to Jason Cole on LA ESPN and it all sounded heat in the moment.
    Although the Saints are being a bit petty, they have the upper hand ....

Brees is in a bind, because I think he loves the City and People of New Orleans but hates the organization. Somewhat of a LeBron situation. Could see him going to the Jets next year unless the Saints put together a respectable season.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    Not a troll by any means...

I think I posted this while listening to Jason Cole on LA ESPN and it all sounded heat in the moment.
    Although the Saints are being a bit petty, they have the upper hand ....

Brees is in a bind, because I think he loves the City and People of New Orleans but hates the organization. Somewhat of a LeBron situation. Could see him going to the Jets next year unless the Saints put together a respectable season.
    The Saints have made reasonable offers, but I am confident it will all get sorted out sooner than later. But to suggest Brees is going to be in a different uniform than the Saints is completely ridiculous.

Mickey Loomis said over the weekend that the
    Saints are already up against the cap because of
    moves they have made over the past few years,
    and that a "mistake" now could cripple them for years to come.....what does he mean by mistake?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    a "mistake" now could cripple them for years to come.....what does he mean by mistake?
    It might not be what he meant, but the biggest mistake the Saints could make, which couple cripple them for years, would be to have Brees disgruntled all year. If the team decides to force Brees to play under a tag this year, it should think about trading up for Tannehill.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    and that a "mistake" now could cripple them for years to come.....what does he mean by mistake?
    a general term for paying too much for an underperforming player. i don't think that refers to brees.

a general term for paying too much for an underperforming player. i don't think that refers to brees.
    Or one who could get suspended....he, he.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12