No Love For Steve Fredericks?

The guy was the highlight of WIP back when it was good (among the other things he did well).

Had the same passion that we have for Philly sports teams! I absolutely loved when he would get fired up about something--the best sports soap-boxer I ever heard!

Rest in Peace, Mr. Fredericks!

Yes, agree! I posted a comment on Philly.com about a time I met Steve-O at the NFL draft I covered in 1985, at the Vet. The year the Eagles drafted Kevin Allen over the likes of: Jerry Rice, Eddie Brown, and Al Toon - all because they were determined to select a OT, which Allen was about the 5th best tackle available. At least they did draft Randall Cunningham in the 2nd round.
    Anyway, Steve had some choice comments that day about the Eagles as a drafting team, and also how rudely Norman Braman treated the media- very cheap! Ahh - memories!

Rest in peace, Steve! A true pioneer in sports talk media.

Quote Originally Posted by old duke View Post
    Yes, agree! I posted a comment on Philly.com about a time I met Steve-O at the NFL draft I covered in 1985, at the Vet. The year the Eagles drafted Kevin Allen over the likes of: Jerry Rice, Eddie Brown, and Al Toon - all because they were determined to select a OT, which Allen was about the 5th best tackle available. At least they did draft Randall Cunningham in the 2nd round.
    Anyway, Steve had some choice comments that day about the Eagles as a drafting team, and also how rudely Norman Braman treated the media- very cheap! Ahh - memories!

Rest in peace, Steve! A true pioneer in sports talk media.
    "Bang!"

:-)

I only ever heard him with Missinelli and thought he was good.

Talk about BANG!....

There will be no funeral service. He will be cremated and his ashes spread on the roots of a magnolia and a hibiscus tree on his property.

Steve Fredericks was the first sports talk person I listened followed by that hack Howard Eskin.

RIP Steveo, RIP. BANG!!!!!!!!!!

I always liked Steve. When I would call the Steve and Mike show I would only address Steve. I would totally ignore that a$$hole Mike.

RIP Steve, you will be missed. A true Philadelphian.
    Nothing left to do but smile,smile,smile. Have a Grateful Day. :}