Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTyphoon View Post
    As you can probably tell, I am predicting the WR's slide a little further than people are thinking.
    Except for Jeffery who looks more like a bit of a reach. It wouldn't surprise me if the Vikes take him there (only two South Carolina receivers so far), but I'd much rather take Smith and take Jones, Streeter or Broyles later.

I echo the sentiments of the other 9er fans who posted. I'd be ecstatic if the draft fell like this for SF. Great job Maroon Typhoon.

I think Alshon is a better player than Harrison Smith. If the Vikes took him it would be for need not BPA.
    Last edited by Platz; 04-11-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    Would be very happy with that draft for the 49ers.
    I concur with this.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Your draft order is all screwed up.

What do you guys think about the Bills' moves?

Where's the extra pick I assume the Seahawks got when they traded whichever corner you plan on benching in favor of Gilmore?

I can see your purpose but you can have all the DBs in the world and still have a bad pass defense with no pressure. Kuechly will go higher than you have him and with both Ingram and Couples off the board he's the pick unless you've rated Perry higher. I don't have too much to gripe about after the first but that seems to me a wasted pick.

I'm just a little leery of Browner. I know he had a great year and was a very nice surprise, but he just seems like the kind of guy that might take a step back.

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFanNorth View Post
    Where's the extra pick I assume the Seahawks got when they traded whichever corner you plan on benching in favor of Gilmore?

I can see your purpose but you can have all the DBs in the world and still have a bad pass defense with no pressure. Kuechly will go higher than you have him and with both Ingram and Couples off the board he's the pick unless you've rated Perry higher. I don't have too much to gripe about after the first but that seems to me a wasted pick.
    Having DB depth is never a bad thing anyways. You need at least 3 good ones. Sure, you want a pass rush, but sometimes you have to go where the value is.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    I think you guys wil be surprised at high Gilmore will go. He would give Seattle a dominant secondary, and after adding a pass rusher and a linebacker later, that would be a really, really good defense.
    I'm just a little leery of Browner. I know he had a great year and was a very nice surprise, but he just seems like the kind of guy that might take a step back.
    I appreciate what Browner did last year, but I partially share some uncertainty about how good he really is or will be. He was a penalty machine the first half of the season then settled a bit. However, we have depth at cb and already have a burgeoning top 10 D. I think we make the biggest leap by improving it with a pass rusher instead of a player that may only be a slight upgrade over what we already have at DB.
    U MAD BRO??

Browner was dominant in the CFL. I don't think he'll take a big step back.

If Seattle had that extra passrusher they would be pretty ****in scary on defense. They already might have the best secondary in the league IMO.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Having DB depth is never a bad thing anyways. You need at least 3 good ones. Sure, you want a pass rush, but sometimes you have to go where the value is.
    Browner, Sherman, Thurmond (when he comes off PUP) are all young and pretty good starters. Trufant is a better nickel than we've had in a decade. We're pretty deep already. As for Browner's penalties, thats a bit of a mix, there were times he was pushing hard to prove he belonged in a league that ignored him in the draft. At other times I think he got a bad call in a situation where the call could have gone either way. Not making excuses but the was better than his penalty numbers indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    Looks great for Cleveland. The first 3 picks hit what I consider to be the biggest needs. Landing Frank Minnifield's kid is a bonus for fans. Cousins in the 4th is a steal, but there's no way he lasts that long.
    That would be an absolutely tremendous draft for the Browns. They might even be the "winners" of the draft if it went like that.

Conversely, I think that draft looks atrocious for the Chiefs. Poe is the worst pick in that draft, and Weeden isn't much better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123