Bowen: To Get More from Hester...

link

raise your hand if you've been saying this for YEARS.
    <raises hand>
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Yes, I've been saying this from the very beginning.

Lovie is not exactly Bill Bellichick when it comes to creating mismatches.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Amen. Hester maintains speed while changing direction better than anyone I've ever seen. He's Gale Sayers-ish that way. He's also best when the game's swirling around him; he might not be the most disciplined WR, but he commands chaos better than anyone we've seen in our lifetimes. Why you'd want that guy running go route after go route with a few post patterns thrown in, I'll never know.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    Amen. Hester maintains speed while changing direction better than anyone I've ever seen. He's Gale Sayers-ish that way. He's also best when the game's swirling around him; he might not be the most disciplined WR, but he commands chaos better than anyone we've seen in our lifetimes. Why you'd want that guy running go route after go route with a few post patterns thrown in, I'll never know.
    ...instead of giving him the ball in space and saying "run, Devin, run." yes.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Yes, I've been saying this from the very beginning.

Lovie is not exactly Bill Bellichick when it comes to creating mismatches.
    Said it before you.

Infinity!

(no double infinities)
    "I despise money" -NoSlowBuffalo-