Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    People grew up or outgrew posting on message boards.
    Never going to happen with me. I never understood why long time posters of a certain board just up and leave over a dispute. You see it all over the net and that's just dumb. It's a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver N Crack View Post
    You sound dumb.
    Hahaha...you ARE dumb.
    ``...don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." ~John Madden

I have been away for awhile. I post more in another forum than this one as I noticed it dying down a year ago. The clutter that is on the page as I typed this is dreadful. This forum definitely was buzzing with more posters a year or so ago than it is today.

This is probably a minor reason, but one worth considering. I check updates on this forum using either my iPhone or iPad, and it's not as easy to post. In the past i would surf this site on my laptop or desktop and it was easier to bang out a quick post and move on.

The Cowboys forum is dead. Maybe 6-10 of us who discuss team issues, and it is more infrequent than ever.

Niners forum hasn't changed too much recently. Years ago we had a few more though for sure.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Yeah, Blaze is right. Its an overall site thing. Maybe it will make a comeback or at the least maintain its current level. I hope so cuz I don't want to go looking for a new internet hang out, and FB and twitter in no way whatsoever appeal to me.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

I used to post quite often. My office IT department installed a filtering system for all fantasy type sites as well as the illicit sites. Hasn't really increased productivity, though.

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    It looks fine to my firefox with adblock eyes.
    Even with NoScript blocking every single script on the page, it looks awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.

The days of heated discussions are a thing of the past because the negativity turns people off. Add in the fact more sites specialize in certain aspects of the game and the fact posters get older change interests, go on to different hobbies and you get a site that use to be in the 8 to 9 range on big boards sink to today's 18-20 ranking.

This thread is one of the more civil ones I've read in a while. I agree with other poster who lurk more than post since there's so much information out there in many different places. I don't have a smart phone and wonder if kffl.com doesn't have an app is why posting is on a downswing.

I never cared much for posters who thought they were the next coming of George Carlin every time they attempted a wisecrack.
    Jerry Jones' resume: 1 playoff win in 15 years, 6 head coaches. Loved reading Moon Shadow and the Keeper of the Canines.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    The draft forum is pretty dead. I remember back when every thread in there was a mock with someone asking RD what he thought of it. Now we don't even see RD anymore. I take it as a combination of all that's been said already. I think the ads and previous cases of infections from said ads might have driven some people away too. People grew up or outgrew posting on message boards.

It's in all the forums though. We used to have a pretty good NBA group, now it's barely anyone. Same with NCAA Hoops and Football.
    It's because they don't allow us to put our Mocks up there anymore. After the updated rules...I stopped coming to this secition of the forum. I love Mocks and reading them...evaluating them...seeing their reasoning ect.. If there were less rules on posting our mocks....more people would come back to this section of the forum.

no kidding? hmm, I didn't realize no one could post mocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    Never going to happen with me. I never understood why long time posters of a certain board just up and leave over a dispute. You see it all over the net and that's just dumb. It's a message board.
    You gotta take a stand at some point man! LOL. We've lost dudes in the Skins forum too. But the core guys stick around. RGIII might be bringing guys back though, I got a feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potatoe View Post
    The Cowboys forum is dead. Maybe 6-10 of us who discuss team issues, and it is more infrequent than ever.
    That's being generous. I'd say it's more like 4-6 who sporadically participate.

Even the Patriots forum has seen decreased traffic. There are more Pats fans on KFFL than any other fan base, IMO...and now I am only seeing maybe 10-12 posters who frequent the forum.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Even the Patriots forum has seen decreased traffic. There are more Pats fans on KFFL than any other fan base, IMO...and now I am only seeing maybe 10-12 posters who frequent the forum.
    Maybe they decided not to support a cheating organization with a satanic head coach.....
    My name is Mongo. I like to dance.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast