Lamar Odom has been made inactive

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...es-immediately

What a pathetic showing from Odom this year, and it culminated with him being put on the inactive list for the remainder of the season. He never showed up, never cared, and never tried. He has been an overrated player for a few years (some here even called him a top 25 guy in the NBA ), but this has been a distrastrous situation, and almost all the blame falls on Lamar.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

I blame the Kardashians...

Humphries rid of his and is playing well...Odom needs to do the same.

What a loser. I would never want my team to sign him because I would never want to cheer for an ******* like him.

I hope he never plays in the NBA again....he certainly doesn't deserve to after this season.

Yep, I remember back when he was apart of the original Chris Paul deal, some people wanted to call him more than a throw in. If we're going off of talent...sure. If we're going off of actual production, he's a role player at best.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    What a loser. I would never want my team to sign him because I would never want to cheer for an ******* like him.

I hope he never plays in the NBA again....he certainly doesn't deserve to after this season.
    IMO, Odom's not about the game, as much as he is about the lifestyle. He loved that Los Angeles celebrity lifestyle with the "celebrity" wife. As soon as he got butthurt about being included in the Paul deal, it was over for him.

I don't take back what I've said about his previous play. I like guys like him more than guys a lot of people would rank ahead of him. Guys who might score more, dominate the ball more and get more pub. He was as well rounded a player as you'll find, a plus passer, plus rebounder, plus defender and maybe not a plus scorer, but not a minus in that area by any means and his versatility there is also rare.

Regardless of opinoin there, what he pulled this year was just embarrassing and unforgivable. He never even gave an effort or tried to commit. He clearly has some mental issues and all, but this was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I hope no LA team offers him a job.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    He has been an overrated player for a few years (some here even called him a top 25 guy in the NBA ),
    I always thought he had the talent and God and/or nature given attributes, depending on one's view, to be a top 10 -15 player in the league. Maybe even in the top 10, but his mindset, desire, or just something, I don't know, has been his biggest enemy. I wouldn't be surprised if his diet contributed somewhat to his up and down play as well. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=4210985

All that said, there is no reason for Odom to went into the tank like he did this year.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

I thought Odom had a lot of talent too, but other than flashes he never showed consistent game offensively. He developed into a solid defender as he got older, but I think even that was dependent on his mood for that week/month. But he wasn't a top 25 guy in the NBA, probably top 40-50 though.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

No doubt he didn't play to his talent, but if he did, he'd have been a top 5-10 guy. I feel like people have always unfairly taken away from the player he truly was because of the player he could have been. He might not be a top 25 guy, but once you get to that 25-45 range, there are a lot of guys he's similar to or better than IMO. Taking a quick look at ESPN's top 100 list, you get into the Horford,Noah,Nene,Bogut types, Kevin Martin and Monta Elliss types. I'm not sure the Lakers would have been better with any of those guys over the last 5 years. Its debatable, but hardly definitive either way.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff