Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderspirit View Post
    reading is a skill.

"they were outbid by a team offering more of a starting opportunity". combination of the two.
    Just in case, I am bolding a key, operative word above.

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Nice!!!
    My favorite one - from Bad Boys:

"What operating system are you running?"

"Vista"

"We're going to die!"
    The meaning of Life : 101010

"And in case of emergency, dial 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmagic View Post
    1.3 million last year....so no. But if this is all it took....I'm VERY upset we didn't match or beat this going into the draft.

Strike One against Emery... there is NO WAY we shouldn't have beat this with the talent and upside of a athletic 24 year old defensive tackle....NO WAY !
    strike one after how many extra base hits??
    it's like bitching about Rod Carew for not going 4 for 4 every day.

and...
    maybe since this kid is so young, and your new GM may have scouted him intensely, he may not like his play on the field.
    was he making a lot of plays for Houston? if so, why'd they give up on him so easily, and how'd you get him so cheaply? was he making a lot of plays for you guys last year?

that's something you'll have to get use to with Emery and this "mindset" that Pioli/Dimetroff have: if you're not part of the reason why the teams wins, there's no reason to have you. that is a question they will ask in the draft room, "is he a player with will help us win, or just be along for the ride?"

to me, i don't think this guy, even a young 24, will every amount to something you can say, "hey, that dude is a difference maker."
    i'm sure Emery is of the same opinion, otherwise he'd probably have re-signed him (or gave him a legit enough offer to keep him).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123