Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    "Well, you've been eliminated, but you aren't going home empty handed. Jim, tell him what he wins."

"You've won a free sterilization. And the best part is, you don't have to do anything. We've been directing a 3,000 watt radio emitter at your testicles from under your podium for the past hour."
    Totally in favor. But with most of these guys, it's the proverbial barn door repair job...
    “The great unmentionable evil at the center of our culture is monotheism. From a barbaric Bronze Age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions have evolved – Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. These are sky-god religions. They are, literally, patriarchal – God is the Omnipotent Father – hence the loathing of women for 2000 years in those countries afflicted by the sky-god and his earthly male delegates.”—Gore Vidal

Quote Originally Posted by Niner Empire View Post
    usually its not changed until the person is plain broke
    If you're not broke already, you will be by the time you lawyer up and go through the legal proceedings of getting your payments reduced. Particularly if the other party wants to drag it out and fight you every step of the way. And a lot of guys don't start the process until they're already swimming in financial hot water, so time isn't on their side.

That said, I'm completely unfamiliar with Sapp's situation and if/when he started becoming delinquent on his support payments.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    No sympathy at all.....
    Don't have children and get married or if you do and things don't work out with spouse HIDE IT, LEARN TO LIVE HER MISERY for 18 years rather than pay government idea of child support and or alimony.
    (If my kids didn't cost me 2400.00 bucks a month, 130k salary why would they do so now that I am divorced. God forbid you have pay alimony on top).

See the problem isn't that he spent all his money cause as you can see he has the assets/debt ratio which isn't terrible. Rich people, who aren't in the media spotlight do this ALL the time...ALL THE TIME.
    It's why they changed the bankruptcy laws.
    Still don't have like Sapp the person but as far as finances, it common thing for reach people all over the country that make even MORE money that Sapp. Same with businesses too!!
    "aahhhhh, he said nig gaaah"
    Courtesy of Riley Cooper's hot friend.

Sapp is a douche bag. He was a great DL, but is a complete Ass as a person. He's also terrible working on the NFL Network and hopefully his contract isn't renewed come August.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    Divorce/alimony/child support will cause someone to go broke faster than anything, aside from a gambling addiction. Combined with putting money into high depreciation assets with little to no equity or resale value (cars, clothing). I'm also betting he bought several pieces of property in Florida when the housing bubble was at it's peak.

It really takes a perfect storm of money stupidity to blow through money that quickly.
    That "perfect storm" sure seems to happen quite a bit, especially in NBA cities. Amazing coincidence don't 'ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    Wonder if he would be dumb enough to wear them in public ever again? He's committing perjury as it stands right now. Maybe the BK judge could put the press on him and make him do an insurance claim on them, which adds insurance fraud to his rap sheet should he ever "find" them again.

Sapp is playing a dangerous game with the legal system. And I hope he gets reamed for it.
    Or he could have lost them in a poker game that went out of control. Or he could have sold them and is trying to avoid paying taxes. Or maybe a relative (close) stole them and he's covering for them because it's family.

There are a few potential scenarios.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

F him. He's just plain stupid. With his finances, with his ****, with all of it. He deserves every bit of misery he gets for his lack of self control in various areas of his life. MANY of us would do anything to earn what this buffoon has earned to date. Jackass.
    The Republicans are now controlling the House. Where are the jobs Mr. Boehner? Thanks Keith! And while we're at it, how come the economy isn't fixed yet? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by NEpats_fan View Post
    Don't have children and get married or if you do and things don't work out with spouse HIDE IT, LEARN TO LIVE HER MISERY for 18 years rather than pay government idea of child support and or alimony.
    (If my kids didn't cost me 2400.00 bucks a month, 130k salary why would they do so now that I am divorced. God forbid you have pay alimony on top).
    I sacrificed my happiness for 16 years to stay with my ex and take care of my kids...And would do it again if needed.

Even though the kids went with me after the divorce and she paid no child support I still had to pay her money from the sale of a home that I lost 120K on...

And I dont make the money he does....

The system is screwed UP!!!!
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Yeah, because of the economic downturn I know a guy who is currently paying three times in monthly child support/alimony than he is currently bringing in revenue. Judge told him 'ability to pay does not take priority over obligation to pay'. The ex-wife says she gave up her career when they married so she could support him while he focused on his, and now is accustomed to a certain lifestyle and doesn't have any marketable skills. What actually happened is after they married she begged and pleaded (against his reservations) to be a stay at home mother because she didn't like having to get up and go to work every morning and didn't like her job. To the best of my knowledge she still hasn't even attempted to find a job since.

Unless things pick up he basically just has to bleed through his life savings until he's flat broke, and then they'll revisit the matter of reducing payments.
    Last edited by TrueNBlue; 04-10-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

Somewhere, Chad Clifton is laughing.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234