Man... Wigan gettin' screwed...

As you all know I don't watch a ton of futbol, but watching this AM's game with Chelsea and Wigan... Dang, Chelsea's playing like garbage, their only goal was an offsides that the refs missed, along with a ton of other calls that seem like blatant screw-jobs...

As a fan of the underdog, yeah, I'd like to see Wigan win, but wow... 1-1 right now late in the game.
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Some of the soccer refs make the SEC refs look competent in comparison.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Well I'm glad to see that it looks like Wigan will avoid relegation. Would have been a shame it that shoddy called game was responsible for sending them down.
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Yep, they've really turned it around (as they always seem to do this time of year). Hoping Bolton can do the same thing too!

With the end of the season approaching right now a couple of Premiership regulars are on the verge of relegation. I have only kept up with the EPL since about 2007 or so, but Blackburn and Bolton have been there the whole time, and have for the most part been consistent mid-table teams as well. It would be really odd to see both of them relegated to the Championship league.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

blackburn are an absolute mess this year. i've watched them play a few times and to say they are championship-level is being generous, especially the defense.

in other news I think it would be hilarious if Villa went down, so I'm a bolton/qpr/wigan fan for the last few games.
    In defense of humans
    Lay down your power trip
    Stop toying with emotions and relationships
    Cause you, you don't rise when people fall

I'm with you on Villa. I think if there were five games left instead of two, Villa would be a near certainty.

There are still some important matches coming up with relegation implications, and right now Bolton, Wigan and Wolverhampton are all in the zone. I would like to see Bolton stay in the Premiership because they have a couple Americans on the team but they are going to need a win IMO.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

On the promotion side of things I am really happy to see Reading make it back to the Premiership next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    There are still some important matches coming up with relegation implications, and right now Bolton, Wigan and Wolverhampton are all in the zone. I would like to see Bolton stay in the Premiership because they have a couple Americans on the team but they are going to need a win IMO.
    Not sure QPR had a win or tie left in them so if Bolton can manage a draw against West Brom or Stoke they'll live.

Be hilarious to see the possible European Champion/FA cup champion not even get 5th place in the premiership
    Last edited by 9ERS4EVA; 05-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

QPR have City away this week (who need a win to wrap up the title) so that's pretty much a nailed on loss. So if Bolton win away at Stoke they're safe. They draw or lose, they go down. Villa are safe due to goal difference.
    In defense of humans
    Lay down your power trip

Quote Originally Posted by StuUKWI View Post
    I'm with you on Villa. I think if there were five games left instead of two, Villa would be a near certainty.
    Be curious to see the bloodbath tonight between Pool and Chelsea. Reds don't have anything left to play for so you might think they'll try to take out as many Chelsea players as possible to ruin their Champs League title hopes.
    In defense of humans
    Lay down your power trip

Quote Originally Posted by zirc View Post
    Be curious to see the bloodbath tonight between Pool and Chelsea. Reds don't have anything left to play for so you might think they'll try to take out as many Chelsea players as possible to ruin their Champs League title hopes.
    Actually, I think it was important for Liverpool to win that final home game of the season - should enter the off-season on a high of some sorts.

I'm not sure there's that level of antipathy between the Liverpool and Chelsea players like there is between the fans (although I'm not sure how many of them will be cheering on poor old Torres next week).