Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yeah. It's really flying today. Keep up the good work.

You rotten bastard, Underdog!

Nice pick! ;)
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

I was really hoping to snag Bobbie Massey, OT, Mississippi at the top of the 3rd round for the Browns, as they could plug him in at RT on opening day.

That said, I really like Brandon Boykin and was glad to see him there at 67.

I liked Boykin a lot there, SSJ. In fact, if I hadn't been away and had time to look at lists of players, I might have taken him for the Colts with the first pick of round 3.

The one night I am not on here and we fly through picks!!!! Finally updated the players drafted by position threads.
    StillSwinging: posting useless garbage since 8/07

Dallas proxy sent to SS, DC, and Ellis...
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Love Bruce Irvin.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    Love Bruce Irvin.
    So do I. Suppose it was a bit much expecting him to slip to the 4th. Oh well. Nice pick.
    I'm going to type every word I know! Rectangle. America. Megaphone. Monday. Butthole.

So much talent in this draft...Not top end, but guys coming off the board that could have gone mid 2nd.
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

I'm just like Andy Reid in ignoring LBs until the middle rounds. To me, LBs have gone off the board earlier than they should in these mocks and I refuse to reach. Took Mitchell Schwartz in Round 3. I was eyeing Mike Martin but the Steelers grabbed him. I don't see Martin as a fit for a two-gap 3-4 but to each his own. Value wise, Brandon Weeden was the best guy on the board but it doesn't make that much sense to take a 28-year old QB to groom behind your 31 year old QB. You can never have too many good OL and while the Eagles filled their immediate short-term concern at OT by signing Demetress Bell that contract is only guaranteed for 1 year and depending on Peters' recovery from his achilles tendon tear and how Bell performs, the Eagles would do well to have a quality OT on board for at least 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
    So much talent in this draft...Not top end, but guys coming off the board that could have gone mid 2nd.
    I agree... there's going to be a lot of value in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I hope Denver takes advantage of this.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

I still think that there's good players left on the board, but I'm praying that the Packers sit tight in the 1st round, draft the best front 7 player and then trade up for another (hopefully) elite player in the 2nd round. Ideally, he'd be either another front 7 guy or one of the top running backs. Quality over quantity early and then stockpile players in the middle and late rounds.

I don't see Martin as a fit for a two-gap 3-4 but to each his own.
    In my estimation, Martin is basically going to be a zero tech NG for whoever drafts him, or he's going to fail. His most redeeming qualities are strength, a heavy anchor and balls.

I think he either makes it as a two down, run killing nose or he probably doesn't make it. He's not really enough of a penetrator to to make much noise in a forty front. As a nose he won't be asked to do that anyway.

All that said, in this scenario I wouldn't expect Martin to do much more than replace Chris Hoke. Anything above that is a bonus. I took a gamble in the second when I passed on Josh Chapman for Silatolu that Chapman's knee would keep him tumbling. Didn't pan and Martin was my "safety."

I would have liked to find someone who projected to an eventual starter on the nose in this draft, but it's round three. If Martin can become a rotational player quickly that should allow Pittsburgh to use he and McClenon bridge from Hampton to the next starter.
    Last edited by ThinMan; 04-09-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

Good pick by the patriots to finish off their draft. Ben Jones at the end of the 3rd is a steal for them. Plus he fills a pretty big need for them.

Was very surprised and pleased to see Jones still sitting there at that pick...I had strongly considered him at 62. It's really not that huge a need right now...Connolly is pretty solid and Ryan Wendell and Nick McDonald have proven capable when called upon. But it was too good a value, and figuring that Waters retires after this season this means they could groom Jones for a year and then kick Connolly over to RG next year.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123