My pick for the Vikes in rd 7 !

http://hopatcong.patch.com/articles/...utgers-pro-day

Haha you know I get one of these "crushes" every year from Miles Austin, to Ray Rice, to Greg Toal, to Brandon Fusco last year... Let's get him!
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

My 7th round crush;

Dale Moss WR

How early will WR Dale Moss go? He is the South Dakota State basketball player that joined the football team as a Senior and had a terrific year. He opened some eyes at the Shrine Game, but didnít get a Combine invite. Moss lit up his Pro Day. Heís 6-3, 213. Ran in the 4.4 range. Had a 41.5 VJ, which you can see if you go check out his basketball highlights. He posted great numbers in the agility drills.

Moss had a good season, going 61-949-6. Thatís a heck of a way to break into football.
    By way of comparison, Saints TE Jimmy Graham also made the conversion to football as a Senior. He was just 17-213 for Miami in 2009. That doesnít mean that Moss will explode and dominate the NFL, but it is important to see how quickly Moss adapted to the gridiron. I have him slated as a 5th round pick, but heís the kind of prospect that a coach or GM could fall in love with and take sooner.
    -People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Any WR named Moss is fated to go to the Purple, especially from our own backyard.

Gonna snoop around on this kid.

Go11

Dale Moss is a good friend of my son's. Dale worked out my son during the summer. He is an incredible athlete and an even better person. Dale had every reason to go down the wrong road in middle school, but his love of athletics is what kept him going down the straight and narrow. He is very intelligent...economics major and I believe he started working on his masters degree when he went back his 5th year for football.

Maybe the most important and impressive workout stat was his three cone drill where he ran 3.31. To put it in perspective, he would have had the fastest time at the combines and the fastest guys at the combine were all under 6-0. Dale is 6'3.5" and weighed in at 217. One scout had his 40 time at 4.38 but it settled in at 4.45. He was a hilight reel on the basketball floor. A better athlete than basketball player his put back dunks were incredible for his size.

As a football player he catches the ball with his hands...and he attacks the ball when it is in the air. He has great hands and has several hilight catches from his only year of playing college football. He is a physical player, but will need to work on getting off the line in the NFL.

I would be thrilled personally if the Vikings drafted or even signed Dale...here's some video of his pro day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVcJR5aVtaM

Here's some hilight video from basketball and football...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    Last edited by Viking Warrior; 04-06-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Whoa, blast from the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given that the Vikes signed a point guard CB and just worked out a forward as a TE, I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking a shot at another inexperienced guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Warrior View Post
    Dale Moss is a good friend of my son's. Dale worked out my son during the summer. He is an incredible athlete and an even better person. Dale had every reason to go down the wrong road in middle school, but his love of athletics is what kept him going down the straight and narrow. He is very intelligent...economics major and I believe he started working on his masters degree when he went back his 5th year for football.

Maybe the most important and impressive workout stat was his three cone drill where he ran 3.31. To put it in perspective, he would have had the fastest time at the combines and the fastest guys at the combine were all under 6-0. Dale is 6'3.5" and weighed in at 217. One scout had his 40 time at 4.38 but it settled in at 4.45. He was a hilight reel on the basketball floor. A better athlete than basketball player his put back dunks were incredible for his size.

As a football player he catches the ball with his hands...and he attacks the ball when it is in the air. He has great hands and has several hilight catches from his only year of playing college football. He is a physical player, but will need to work on getting off the line in the NFL.

I would be thrilled personally if the Vikings drafted or even signed Dale...here's some video of his pro day...

Wow great to see you around VW...we missed you! Hope to see you around more.!

Dale sounds like he has some Miles Austin in him....Thanks for sharing the videos.
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

Who's the new guy? Good to hear from you VW!
    I hate when my phone changes words!
    Last edited by Platz; 04-08-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Whoa, the old crew is showing up, must be a good sign...
    -People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Warrior View Post

Thanks for posting this info about Moss especially the pro day/private workout vid. Ever since I got turned onto him on another Viking website, I've been very impressed with his skills and size. With a 3.31 3 cone time (which is insanely fast) not to mention his other recorded times and the way he impressed in other drills, he's at least a 2nd rounder on talent alone IMO. He won't be taken that high of course being downgraded due to his inexperience and level of competition but there's no way he lasts to the 7th round.

Anything else you can tell us about him would be greatly appreciated.

Las Cruces, New Mexico via NE Minneapolis