Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PFW had Peterson as an 8.0 and has Claiborne as a 7.0

Why draft a shutdown corner at #3 if you don't play man? Why not a 10-12 year solid-above average LT? You have a young QB. You have to make sure he has a fighting chance to succeed or fail , fairly.
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

After listening to an interview with the "Honey Badger" and finding out that Claiborne got a 4 on his Wonderlic, makes me a little skeptical about LSU's academic standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Platz View Post
    After listening to an interview with the "Honey Badger" and finding out that Claiborne got a 4 on his Wonderlic, makes me a little skeptical about LSU's academic standards.
    SEC schools have lower standards than other conferences - the lowest in major college sports IIRC.

I'm not advocating taking him at 3 but seems to be getting UNDER-rated now. As a cover guy I think he is better than Peterson. If the Dolphins would give us their 1 next year and 2 this year I would be happy with using that 2 to get Claiborne.

PFW has Claiborne at a 7.00 (Pro Bowl potential) and Kalil at a 6.75. I honestly can't remember where they had Thomas, but it was higher than that IIRC.

Go11

Quote Originally Posted by Go11 View Post
    Tommy, sure hope you are right if the Vikes take him! Happy to be wrong. I think he will be a solid player, and he should not have any of the weight or attitude problems our last 1st round OT displayed. And with an older brother already playing in and excelling in the NFL, he should be ready for the transition.

Go11
    his dad played in the nfl/usfl too.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Go11 View Post
    PFW has Claiborne at a 7.00 (Pro Bowl potential) and Kalil at a 6.75. I honestly can't remember where they had Thomas, but it was higher than that IIRC.

Go11
    that's the lowest I have seen Kalil.....I haven't put much stock in the pfw rankings and write ups since buchsbaum passed away....
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12