Apparently the Vikes are after Parcells?

Is this a late April Fools day joke?

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/R...is_price040412

Without citing a source or naming an author, the New York Post on Wednesday reported Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is "putting the hard sell" on Parcells to come in and run the team's football operation, believing he's an upgrade over coach Leslie Frazier and general manager Rick Spielman.

Parcells reportedly was having dinner recently with Saints coach Sean Payton and other friends in New Orleans when he "revealed Wilf's offer to 'name his price' to both oversee the Vikings' football operations and coach the team," but he has reservations about taking such a job at age 70.

Bah, double post
    So I said to him, "Look buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that." -Homer Simpson

I have a hard time believing that. Who would Parcells get to fill out his staff? Is he ready for the draft in 3 weeks?

Seems far-fetched.
    So I said to him, "Look buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that." -Homer Simpson

It appears that Wilf approached Parcells a while ago--before he promoted Spielman for sure. Give Zygi the credit he deserves in recognizing that the Frazier/Spielman team can certainly be upgraded. It is our misfortune that Parcells did not accept....

Go11

I don't really know if a 70+ year old who changes his mind constantly as to whether he wants to remain in football or not is a good choice for a rebulding team. Yes, he's an upgrade over Frazier but that's not saying much. I think the nicer point about this coming out is it shows how short a leash Frazier is on this season.

Parcells would not be replacing Frazier, there is no way he si coaching for anyone other than a 1 year gig with the Saints. He would have basically been the GM over Speilman.

I'm not sure if he is a long term solution or not. He seems to be able to get poor teams decent quickly but doesn't seem to make decent teams then great.

CV, the rumor is that Parcells was offered full control over the football operations, so he would be Coach and GM ala Belichek (even though NE has a straw man GM in place, B makes all the calls.) Parcells turned this down.

Go11