Seriously...lay off the dope.

First Leshoure, now Nick Fairley.

Quote Originally Posted by @davebirkett
    The hits keep coming RT @IzzyGould: Lions DT (former Auburn star) Nick Fairley was arrested in Mobile on 2nd degree marijuana possession...
    And apparently, Johnny Culbreath also got arrested previously for marijuana possession.

Quote Originally Posted by @davebirkett
    If you're counting - or losing count - that's Fairley, Leshoure & Culbreath (all '11 picks) involved in weed-related incidents since Jan
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Well they say things happen in three's so hopefully this is the end of the 2011 rookie classes stupidity. All of them are showing a total lack of focus and imaturity. Its time to grow up boyz. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...tackle_28.html

At least there was no dope this time I guess.

Punctuation saves lives.

This ****in' sucks! Fairley really looked good on the field last year in his limited time and was supposedly looking dominant in practice. What a kick in the nuts.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Well despite his stupidity I still think he has a good season for the Lions. Of course he will be subject to a four game suspension which wont bode well but I still think he was worth the risk. He was a top five talent but dropped to us for the very reasons he is showing us now, CHARACTER ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope some Veterans light a fire under last years class....They are shameful!!! Talented, but shameful!

That is some powerful stupid.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

The question is if he's supended 4 games to start the season, will that preclude him from participating in training camp?

I would think the suspension would begin after the 53 man rosters are set at the end of pre-season, as the suspension would be for regular season games.
    Punctuation saves lives.

Some caller on Karsh & Anderson just had a really good point. Fairly was driving drunk without insurance. Driving Drunk is horrid enough on it's own as it shows a clear lack of concern for your fellow man, but Fairly is stupid enough to do it while he's in an uninsured vehicle... so he's not even smart enough to be concerned for his own personal finances.

If he hits and injures someone payment for that would be comming out of his own pocket. He could have went from being a millionaire to being broke even without having killed someone.

Was he without insurance, or without proof of insurance? You can get a no proof of insuarnce by just being dumb enough to leave your new proof on the kitchen table when they come instead of putting it in your car that moment. Still stupid, but on a whole nother level from driving a brand new luxury SUV without insurance, drunk or not.

Here's an article with anonymous executives' thoughts about taking character risks. It's a pretty interesting read.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...rger-questions

"The GM has to be on the same page with the head coach, the coordinator, the position coach -- it has to be an understanding that, 'Hey, we're taking a chance here,' " an NFC personnel executive said. "In the second round, is it worth doing that? I always felt like the fourth round is when you start taking shots -- maybe a guy's a second-round talent, but he's there. Every team is different. Some teams get cocky. Then you have six, then you have eight on your team. And most of the time that bites you in the ass."

That's where the Lions' 2011 draft class stuck out immediately to rival clubs I spoke with last spring.

It wasn't that they took Fairley. It wasn't that they took Young. It wasn't that they took Leshoure. It was that they took them consecutively, and did it atop the draft.

"You start making exceptions, and it's the old Ron Wolf theory, all of the sudden, you've got a team full of exceptions," the AFC personnel executive said.
    Punctuation saves lives.

I agree with the idea of not wanting a team full of exceptions. I don't believe our coaches are doing a bad job with discipline of anything, I just think they have gone after too many undisciplined players lately. Though OTOH I also completely forgive the Saints game stuff now.

I didn't really realize Leshoure or even Young was a big risk when we took them. I liked the picks at the time, but also like Randall Cobb and Mason Foster more than Young and leshoure, so they weren't the only good values available.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff