Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Go11 View Post
    PV, thanks for the link.

Cripes, he is a total scavenger! His INT's are off some of the lamest throws you will ever see in a game. I thought I was watching Brewster-era Golden Gophers passing attacks there.

He seems opportunistic--which is an upgrade over anything the Purple have now--but not very fast or athletic. He was actually beaten or out of position on several of those plays but the QB threw very errantly/late/behind the receiver.

Go11
    Well, you can't fault him for Jacory Harris sucking.

Beyond that, isn't that what safeties do, jump bad/crappy/late passes over the middle? He isn't Ed Reed but he is pretty solid IMO. Solid would be infinitely better than the hot garbage we've had.

Smith would be my pick unless someone really good falls. I think Jenkins would be great, but we may be at our limit of punk CB's.

I guarantee Jenkins falls to the top of round 4, unless Oakland takes him with their comp #3. Way too many character issues..
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
    I guarantee Jenkins falls to the top of round 4, unless Oakland takes him with their comp #3. Way too many character issues..
    The Ravens took basically the same guy in the 1st round last year. I don't think he falls too far.

OK, after doing a little more research, I am backtracking on Harrison Smith. Seems he is really shooting up the boards since his pro day. He might not even be there at our 2nd pick. I'm predicting a run at the WR position this year in the first round after seeing how much it costs to get a good free agent WR these days. So, right now, these are the players I would be OK with at 2 that I think have a chance of being there.

1. Alshon Jeffrey WR (think Hill will go in the first)
    2. Harrison Smith SS (just fills such a big need)
    3. Josh Robinson CB (Boykin will probably be here too, but I think he is too slight in build for a cover 2 cb)

Other thoughts, LB's always fall. What if someone like Zach Brown is sitting there??? Tough one.

I think the big advantage of Smith is that you have to play the draft and each position correctly. There are very few good safeties in the draft and we have huge need, which bumps him up a bit.

We have now signed a couple of decent veteran CBs so that can probably wait until round 4 or so with us going developmental WR in round 3, ideally a guy like Streeter that has some size and speed.

There seems to be some Trumaine Johnson steam in the 2nd round. The talking heads seem to really like him. Combine numbers were not so good for a CB but for some reason I'm starting to feel that we'll take him in the 2nd.

I hope they seriously look at Lavonte David or Zach Brown, Henderson is only on a 1 year deal and its not like we're set at middle linebacker either. Both would be good value at the top of round 2.
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW!!!

Brown kinda reminds me of a more talented Raonall Smith. I think Brown is going to be really good or really bad.

David is one of my favorite players in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    There seems to be some Trumaine Johnson steam in the 2nd round. The talking heads seem to really like him. Combine numbers were not so good for a CB but for some reason I'm starting to feel that we'll take him in the 2nd.
    I think Johnson could be an excellent safety too.

David may well be the BPA but he is limited to being a weakside LB.....isn't that what Greenway just got a lot of money to do?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    David may well be the BPA but he is limited to being a weakside LB.....isn't that what Greenway just got a lot of money to do?
    When I watch the Vikes on D, both EJ and Greenway seemed to line up square to the line of scrimmage behind the D-line, while Erin or Leber was usually outside the D-Line. Hence my question on whether Greenway could play the middle in this scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseland Vike View Post
    When I watch the Vikes on D, both EJ and Greenway seemed to line up square to the line of scrimmage behind the D-line, while Erin or Leber was usually outside the D-Line. Hence my question on whether Greenway could play the middle in this scheme.
    Greenway could easily play the middle, but he'd be a bit of a waste there in my opinion.

If I was going to move someone to the MLB spot, it would be Erin. He hasthe size and speed to play there and if they added another OLB, they'd be pretty athletic. It would be nice to have 3the guys that could stay with a TE for at least a little while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12