Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor...

Rumor...

Clairborne scored a 4 on the wonderlic.

Are you friggin kidding me?
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Some team likes Clairborne?

He has to run with a guy and swat at a ball in the air, how smart does he have to be?
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Antonio Cromartie. That's all I have to say.
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

- Bill Belichick on the social media exploits of Chad Ochocinco

I just hope teams picking 3 through 22 remove him from their draft board because of this.
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

I agree that Mensa membership is not important for a cover corner. I do think the wonderlic has some value when evaluating QBs, centers, MLBs, other players that are expected to have more mental responsibilities. But a corner? Or a DE? Who cares.

Unless they are going to have to call the defense its not a concern...

But how did he graduate...LOL
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

He would have to actively try not to answer. It's multiple choice, right? If so just by dumb luck he'd get 8-12 right.
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

- Bill Belichick on the social media exploits of Chad Ochocinco

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    He would have to actively try not to answer. It's multiple choice, right? If so just by dumb luck he'd get 8-12 right.
    Maybe B is the new C?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Dude it is the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    Unless they are going to have to call the defense its not a concern...

But how did he graduate...LOL
    That is the question now isn't it. You'd think that the NCAA would be looking into schools that don't even make an effort at educating players. Mark my words. In 15 years there's going to be a story on this kid and how he's declaring bankruptcy or down on his luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFanNorth View Post
    That is the question now isn't it. You'd think that the NCAA would be looking into schools that don't even make an effort at educating players. Mark my words. In 15 years there's going to be a story on this kid and how he's declaring bankruptcy or down on his luck.
    Schools really need to have a major designed for these types of athletes.

It would encompass things like personal finance, some basic accounting or the like.

Here's a list I had come up with for a model "basketball" major:

1. Finance
    2. Contracts
    3. Intellectual Property
    4. Ethics
    5. Health Sciences
    6. Bankruptcy
    7. Tax
    8. Youth Outreach
    a. Instead of class, spend 3 hours a week playing basketball with youth players
    9. Nutrition
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    He has to run with a guy and swat at a ball in the air, how smart does he have to be?
    Well after getting a 4 on the wonderlic, you know that he can't chew gum and play CB.

Poor kid. Not only is he not all that bright....but now all the sport's world knows it.

And I do disagree that any idiot can just run out and play CB. There isn't a defense in the NFL any longer that just runs its CB's out there, points across the line and says cover him. The type of techinique a CB plays changes quite a bit from play to play and you need a little, not a lot, of intelligence for it. But in the end I don't this hurts him all that much.

The only real negative I see from this is that it calls into question his preparation. If he doesn't see the need to do all the preparation needed for the biggest job interview of his career, are you sure he'll do all the preparation needed to succeed for your team while you're paying him top-5 money?
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast