Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses

Urgent Item for KATD League

Gents,

My company, in its infinite wisdom, has decided to disallow access to sports websites through their firewall. I've been here 5+ years and they've never blocked any sites, and now this. As you probably know, I spend most of my time on KFFL at work. This is a problem for us. I am able to play games, because that's just local on my machine and not played over the internet. So, the only suggestion I have is that I can play the games and then post all the results from the week every Sunday night.

How does that work for everyone? Any better suggestions?

I'm still trying to get around this. I guess I could use an aircard. I'll talk to my IT folks about it to see if they have a workaround.

That sounds ok with me although we'll miss your scintillating play by play. So you'll be able to play the games during the week but not post the results? Is that right?

What about e-mailing them via gmail to someone who would be interested in posting the results. (I can't. I'm sort of in the same boat with you. I can access the web but I shouldn't since I wouldn't be surprised at all if they monitor network traffic).

If that's not possible, Sunday nights results will work for me.

Sunday results are fine with me
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Goose, do what you gotta do. I'm happy to have the league, in whatever form you can manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert719 View Post
    Goose, do what you gotta do. I'm happy to have the league, in whatever form you can manage it.
    2nded. I can copy and paste results if they are emailed to me, but not sure that would help.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Ok so I spoke with our IT Director who is kind of a buddy of mine, (we both went to Baylor, although he is younger than me the little go-getter!) Anyway, I was surprised to learn HE was the one who banned access to the sports sites. That's good news that its not a new corporate policy. He said it will only be temporary, but didnt know when it would be back up. Said it was something to do with bandwith. I didnt want to ask too many questions and give away that at times I will spend up to 5 hours a day on sports sites when I should be working!

Anyway, its temporary. I played a game yesterday and posted the results. I'll keep playing games and hopefully will be back posting during the days soon. Sorry about this. But again, the season will be completed. That I can promise.

So...Sunday came and went....no results....I'll give it an Easter pass....can we get some results this Sunday?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    So...Sunday came and went....no results....I'll give it an Easter pass....can we get some results this Sunday?
    lol good luck with that :)
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. Hunter S Thompson

Don't know why I didnt think to try this earlier, but while at the office this weekend trying to get caught up on some things, I noticed that if I disconnect from my LAN cable and select our company's guest wireless network, I'm not blocked from these Sports sites. Looks like I'm fully back on track.

Coolo. So all those interesting stats for week 13 are in the pipeline then??