Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I could live with Mercilus and Jeffrey. I'm not a huge fan of either, but they're certainly positions of need.

And Jeffrey in the second is good value, to boot.

Let's make a pick for Denver and get this Mock Draft rolling again.

karhu, I'm fine with giving Denver a RB, although I can't speak for everyone else.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

RB seems appropriate.

i'm fine with it.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Doug Martin or David Wilson, then? I'd lean toward Wilson: speed kills, especially when you're used to thin air and your opponent isn't.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Wilson probably is a better complement to McGahee.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Wow. Doug Martin fell into round 3. That looks like a steal there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kaiser View Post
    Wow. Doug Martin fell into round 3. That looks like a steal there.
    Agree
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

Hey guys let's just make a pick for Tampa Bay, chariots said if he were to be late with a pick again to just skip or make a pick for him.

Sounds good, I'm at work so I can't really research team needs and help out though.

TB's got no safeties. George Iloka?
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

they don't have a right tackle either, unless you think Jeremy Trueblood and/or Jamon Meredith is the future there. (which they're not.)

TB is also really thin at RB after Blount.

After looking at TB's depth chart on offense, they're looking pretty stacked. OL looks terrific (with the exception of Trueblood at RT) with Nicks and Joseph as possibly the best duo of guards in the entire league. Obviously VJax gives them a boost at WR. If Freeman returns back to form from his 2010 performance, along with a healthy Blount, they could be a pretty dangerous offense. But they don't have much depth behind Blount and with the style of football he plays, he's not going to avoid a lot of contact.
    Last edited by DaSuperfan; 04-11-2012 at 08:55 PM.

any ohter comments toward finding a consensus? i'd like to make KC's pick, but don't want to step on Tampa to do it.

I don't mean to stir the pot or step on anyone's toes here, but I'd rather have KFFLmockcommish just step in and make the pick(s) for the team(s) that got skipped.

I'm probably alone on this, but IMO, it's better for the integrity of the draft as a whole and makes it more fair to the other teams. Not because a round-table discussion leading to a consensus pick is unfair or gets the pick wrong - on the contrary, you guys do a very nice job. I guess my 'issue', if there is one, is that throwing out names tends to get those names out there and acts as a reminder/prompt for the rest of the teams.

I used to be in a fantasy football league that had a plain Jane snake-style redraft every year. And every year, about 1/3 of the way through, the same guy would start 'casually' chatting to the people next to him about players who hadn't been selected yet. "You mean nobody's taken Donovan McNabb yet???" etc. - knowing full well that McNabb hadn't been taken yet. And, of course, the guy mentioning McNabb had already taken his QB and had no intention of EVER taking him. And, sure enough, Donovan gets taken within the next 3 picks. (and leaving a RB for 'the guy' to take 2 picks after that.) Had nothing been said, Donovan might not have been picked for another round or two.

Please understand, I'm not trying to insinuate that anything like that happens with our mock, even unintentionally. I don't think it's really a big deal, either way, to be honest. But, to avoid the possibility of anything like that happening, my preference would be for the commish to just make the pick without a discussion. Just my 2 cents.
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with me. ........
    .......................Best Green Bay quote ever: "We'll never forget you, Brent." .......

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast