Harvin to have shoulder surgery?

My wife says he just posted as much on Twitter. Anyone have more info? The Strib has nothing as of now.

Here's some tweets:

Vikingsnow:

#Vikings WR Percy Harvin is undergoing arthroscopic shoulder surgery, according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.
    Person with direct knowledge called it "minor scope." Asked if he'll miss time, source said "no way."
    Vikingupdate

#Vikings RT @Percy_Harvin Recovery should be quick I will be ready for otas

Just a clean out debridement procedure. No big deal, really. Should be fine in 8-10 weeks. Harvin is tough as nails.

Go11

Quote Originally Posted by Go11 View Post
    Just a clean out debridement procedure. No big deal, really. Should be fine in 8-10 weeks. Harvin is tough as nails.

Go11
    Still, since he's had shoulder problems in the past, this is a little concerning.
    "I rooted for the Russians in 1980 because they were the better team." - Twolvesguy

As long as the rotator cuff is intact he should be fine. He is not a pitcher where this might be a bigger deal. If he does have a torn RC, then he is facing 6 months of rehab. Since they are not indicating that, the clear inference is that the RC is intact. MRI discloses the status of the RC the vast majority of the time prior to the actual 'scope.

Let's put it this way. For a WR, I would rather have his shoulder requiring clean out than his knee.

Go11