Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    Dave, I don't think you understand what Captain means by "small town". You see, he is actually living in a small town now, according to your standards. What do you call a town with one road and one bar, which doubles as the one restaurant?
    The town is 99% white. yikes
    One bar (conveniently right across from our 2nd floor main street apt.
    One grocery store..well, its called a pharmacy and has about 800 square feet.
    I think there actually is a small pizza place operating out of someone's garage(lucky we got that fire engine)
    Medium FAMILY income is 44k per year. By these standards, Amanda and I will be around double the average. (you know, once I get a job)
    You mean, you put down your rock and I put down my sword and we kill each other like civilized people?

Politics...why so consumed with petty differences?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
    ''=

wow. This whole post. wow.
    yeah... check these out... they have see-through bits and come with their very own mountie!

And what I'm saying to you is, yes, I found a flaw... I've been very distressed by that fact.
    Alan Greenspan 2008

Okay, I lied. We're going to the beach to an all-inclusive.
    Hey that sounds like a nice honeymoon to me! Hang at the beach and relax with some drinks, maybe hit the spa (if they have one), have romantic dinners. Maybe do some fun beach stuff (snorkling, surfing, etc). And that's not even mentioning the honeymoon sex. Nice. Hope you have a great time.
    "I am not superstitious. I'm a little stitious."

thanks, and Im truly sorry about your dog. Im kinda glad Im out of my apartment for the next 14 days, I see him everywhere I look there.

Dave, I don't think you understand what Captain means by "small town". You see, he is actually living in a small town now, according to your standards. What do you call a town with one road and one bar, which doubles as the one restaurant?
    yup, I still expect to see my dog next to my bed when I get up in the AM and really miss her greeting me when I get home.....it reminds me of and old saying "I only wish I was as great a person as my dog thinks I am"....

1 bar? NO PROBLEM.....as long as they gots Fat Tire....:D

Oh and Ohno.....technically you still have "rights" to the Knuckleheads team name....I think you should trade it to SteelersFan for a pick....

Quote Originally Posted by Pippi311 View Post
    As for what's going on with me, Jackson is getting so big - 2 1/2 now and talking up a storm and running about like a typical little boy - and soon he will be a big brother. We are expecting our 2nd on Nov 5.
    I missed this the first time thru....BIG CONGRATS to you and hubby Pippi....hope all goes well with "round 2"....

Hell.

Sorry to hear it Jimbo. I don't mean to hijack the thread with my own personal stuff but here I go anyway.

I went throught the same thing in January. Mine was paticularly painful because Jessie was only 8. Arthritis had left her in bad pain and we honored a promise not to make her suffer so we could selfishly hold on to her for a few more months.

Every pet owner understands this is the deal going in. And the pain we feel is the trade off for being so invested in your pet. But I gotta say, the ability to say goodbye (unlike a sudden death) may not be all it's cracked up to be. Saying goodnight, as I always did, for the last time may have been harder than the trip to the vet. Here is a pic of Jessie and Molly the night before we said goodbye.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...elastnight.jpg

We got a new puppy a month later, see the pic below of Jessie's stunt double. Any thoughts of a new dog for you or is it too soon?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...TerraMolly.jpg
    Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 04-08-2012 at 11:21 AM.

sorry about your loss also Dave....no new dog soon for us, we figure we'll wait and make that decision later down the road....and we still have our dogs "sister", a 15 year old cat (in pretty good health), who we got the same day as our dog....when they were babies we weren't sure if we had 2 dogs or 2 cats as they were best buddies, playing, wrestling etc....and it was obvious to us that the cat misses her doggie as she's a lot more clingy than she used to be....in fairness to her we'll wait a while before considering any new addition....

I laughed at the "stunt double" comment. Completely what we did in my family growing up. Sorry to hear about all of your loses guys. Pets are tough, especially because you and they seem so helpless.

We've got two pups right now, both about 3 years old. And a cat (10 ish?). And a baby on the way. Yeah. Our house is not going to be full or anything soon.
    “True terror is to wake up one morning to discover that your high school class is running the country.” - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by SWertsch View Post
    I laughed at the "stunt double" comment. Completely what we did in my family growing up. Sorry to hear about all of your loses guys. Pets are tough, especially because you and they seem so helpless.

We've got two pups right now, both about 3 years old. And a cat (10 ish?). And a baby on the way. Yeah. Our house is not going to be full or anything soon.
    that's an awful lot of poop to be cleaning up....
    And what I'm saying to you is, yes, I found a flaw... I've been very distressed by that fact.
    Alan Greenspan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by toine View Post
    that's an awful lot of poop to be cleaning up....
    YES! And you have no clue how small our yard is. :( The cat used to be the wife's job, but since she's been pregnant the Dr said she couldn't do it any more.
    “True terror is to wake up one morning to discover that your high school class is running the country.” - Kurt Vonnegut

This is a totally awesome thread! I've been meaning to come in and touch base and all but (as usual) my life is NUTS from day to day. I only managed to get time today because it's my birthday (YAY ME! HAHAHA) and I promised myself I'm going to do what I WANT to do, not what I NEED to do.
    What a great surprise to find this thread and read up on everyone.
    I can't believe how time flies and . . . well, people's lives change so much. Pippi's baking #2?? It seems like just last week we were so excited about the first!! I'm beyond thrilled for you Pip and can't wait to see pics.
    All the pet stories make me wanna cry, both for you and because my cat is pushing about 15 now. I know the time is coming. Boooo.
    Can you all believe my son is graduating high school in June? I know, right? The good news is he got accepted into Penn State. I couldn't be a prouder MaMa. My 16 year old daughter is doing amazing, involved in everything in school from school newspaper photography, track and field, volleyball, soccer, you name it. On top of all that she has a job that she loves. My 10 year old daughter is growing like a weed, smart as a whip, and tries to keep me young (hard to do these days - haha).

On a FF note, I have MAJOR computer problems on my main pc (think blue window of death everytime I try to boot up) so I don't have access to the e-mails in there. So, I lost the addy to send my check to and I lost the password and link to get into the league website. Can someone shoot those to me again??

I'm going to put a sticky on my laptop to visit the forum a bit more often now too. Once I get a chance to look over my team and TRY to catch up on off season movement I'll try to get a nice trade together for the team name and make my first big score. hehehe.
    There is only one person who could ever make you happy, and that person is you.

Happy Birthday ohno!

Nothing new really going on for me. Still have a job somehow in this economy. Lost 15 lbs this year somehow. I also finally got an avatar on KFFL after almost 9 years (it's been a long offseason already).

The daughter is growing up fast and has developed an unhealthy obsession with Nickelodeon cartoons, like she'll full on throw a tantrum if they ain't on lol. I think she's already outgrown her Frank Gore Jersey so here's a recent one of her Easter Egg hunt.

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/e...EasterHunt.jpg

OMG Jason, that's the most adorable picture ever!
    I've been wondering who lost this 15 pounds I found! HA HA HA!!
    And I don't even wanna hear about the Nickelodeon cartoons. I recently managed to hook up Netflix with the Wii and my 10 year old has played SO many episodes of Fairly Odd Parents that I walk through the house like Mr. Crocker when he says "Fairy God Parents" (I'm guessing you know exactly what I'm talking about). ROFLMAO! I guess the good news is that I only have a few years left while you have more like a decade left. BWA HA HA HA!!
    There is only one person who could ever make you happy, and that person is you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast